ispCP - Board - Support
[SOLVED] postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 (/thread-1836.html)

Pages: 1 2

[SOLVED] postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - pgentoo - 11-22-2007 03:18 PM

So it turns out that postgrey on gentoo doesn't default to port 60000.

I guess we have two options here. Either we can add an ispcp.conf variable that defines which port it runs on, and then update this where required during install, or we have a manual step in the gentoo install to make sure your postgrey is running on port 60000 (edit /etc/conf.d/postgrey).

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Jesse

EDIT: This was fixed in a recent update to svn.

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - joximu - 11-22-2007 05:10 PM

what port does it run on gentoo?

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - pgentoo - 11-22-2007 05:49 PM

joximu Wrote:what port does it run on gentoo?

Apparently it defaults to 127.0.0.1:10030

I don't know why they decided to switch from the standard 127.0.0.1:60000 that all other distros use by default...

But anyway, this is something that we need to make configurable, or add as a manual install step in the gentoo installation doc. I would prefer to make it configurable though, so the installation will be more straight forward, and if people want to move it for any reason they could do so.

Maybe the ability to define ip:port, would be good... That way if someone wanted to share a single instance with several mail servers it would be possible to put it on a non-local ip/port.

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - rbtux - 11-22-2007 06:02 PM

pasichnyk Wrote:That way if someone wanted to share a single instance with several mail servers it would be possible to put it on a non-local ip/port.

There are a lot of postings in the postgrey list about distributed installations. The most common solution is to run postgrey on each server sharing the autowhitlist... Running postgrey over the net was not recommended.

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - raphael - 11-23-2007 11:45 AM

confs/dists/gentoo/postfix/main.cf?

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - pgentoo - 11-23-2007 05:48 PM

raphael Wrote:confs/dists/gentoo/postfix/main.cf?

Yeah, this port would need to be changed in main.cf as well as server_status.php (not sure where this page gets its data, is it live?).

Thanks,
Jesse

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - RatS - 11-23-2007 06:16 PM

the Data fpr server_status.php is defined in database.sql

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - joximu - 11-23-2007 09:01 PM

Could also be changed afterwards - in the table ispcp.config:

PORT_POSTGREY 60000;tcp;POSTGREY;1;1

Before we need a separate database.sql for some distros I'd think about some sort of compatibility script for things like this: after the normale installation we could run this script which does some changes for the installed distribution - this is more flexible IMHO...

Just my 2 cents... :-)

/Joximu

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - RatS - 11-24-2007 07:43 AM

database is already separated.

RE: postgrey in gentoo doesn't default to port 60000 - joximu - 11-24-2007 07:54 AM

yes I know - but they are all the same (except the differences because of different release versions).
I'm thinking of a better distro management so we don't need to maintain the whole config tree for every distro only the files thet really differ in the one or the other distro.
Maybe I should write my thoughts somewhere in the dev corner... :-)
/J