ispCP - Board - Support
Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Migration (/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? (/thread-10000.html)

Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - kaotix - 03-14-2010 07:23 AM

I need to move the location of my ispcp installation as my partitions are all messed up and the ispcp partition is totally full.

My current installation is /var/www for all domains and the usual /etc/ispcp for the daemon.

I wish to move it to something like /home/ispcp/www and the daemon can stay in /etc/ispcp

Is this possible or will it require me to manually edit loads of config files that point to /var/www/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - dcreation - 03-18-2010 10:35 PM

I think it is alot easier to simply move /var/www to another Partition or Harddrive. Smile

RE: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - kaotix - 03-18-2010 10:52 PM

I solved this by creating a sym link to /var/www on another partition.

ln -s /my/new/partition/var/www /var/www

RE: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - zydoon - 04-18-2010 05:25 PM

(03-18-2010 10:52 PM)kaotix Wrote:  I solved this by creating a sym link to /var/www on another partition.

ln -s /my/new/partition/var/www /var/www

yeah that did it well

now what about adding existing mysql Database to new user ?

RE: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - JCircle - 05-23-2011 09:48 AM

quotas still work?

RE: Change location of installation from /var/www to another partition? - limzone - 07-15-2011 08:41 AM

i think its not working