ispCP - Board - Support
[Solved]How to change the default domain name? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: [Solved]How to change the default domain name? (/thread-10237.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Solved]How to change the default domain name? - Macsloverd - 04-04-2010 01:05 AM

I have a ispcp Server running for 2 years and it is running very well. However, I need to change the default domain name of the server to another one. e.g. :

the current domian name is [abc.com] and [admin.abc.com] is the CP login. And now I would like to change it into [efg.com] and the CP login would be [admin.efg.com].

The IP Address is the same.

The version of the ispCP that I am using is 1.0.5 build: 20100331; upgraded from 1.0.4.

Is here anybody who had ever done this before? Or anyone who knows how to achieve this? I will be very appriciate for any help. Thanks in advance.

The solution to this issue is posted as reply by nuxwin works perfect and I summarize it here for people who might find it useful.

Step One:
Change the data in both /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf and /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf
Code:
BASE_SERVER_VHOST = admin.abc.com
TO:
Code:
BASE_SERVER_VHOST = admin.efg.com

Step Two:
Code:
mv /etc/ispcp/bind/working/admin.abc.com.db /etc/ispcp/bind/working/admin.efg.com.db

Step Three:
Code:
cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/
perl ispcp-update

That's all!

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - BeNe - 04-04-2010 03:14 AM

The IP-Adress will be the same ?
Take a look at your 00_master.conf in the Apache Config directory.

Greez BeNe

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Nuxwin - 04-04-2010 03:19 AM

(04-04-2010 01:05 AM)Macsloverd Wrote:  I have a ispcp Server running for 2 years and it is running very well. However, I need to change the default domain name of the server to another one. e.g. :

the current domian name is [abc.com] and [admin.abc.com] is the CP login. And now I would like to change it into [efg.com] and the CP login would be [admin.efg.com].

Is here anybody who had ever done this before? Or anyone who knows how to achieve this? I will be very appriciate for any help. Thanks in advance.
Hello ;

For the panel access:

Go to /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf and change:
Code:
to
Code:

Note: Doing the same thing for the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf file.

Go to /etc/ispcp/bind/working and move:
Code:
admin.abc.com.db
to
Code:
admin.efg.com.db

And to finish, go to /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ and run:
Code:
# perl ispcp-update

Normally, that should work.

Best Regards ;

Note: You should use ispCP >= 1.0.3 for that.

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Boter - 04-05-2010 12:48 AM

Another idea could be to change domain directly in mysql in ispcp's DB

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Nuxwin - 04-05-2010 01:04 AM

Hello ;

For the access to the panel, you can't act on the database because no data exist for him. In fact, here, we have two problem that are not linked:

1. The access to the panel (panel.domain.tld)
2. The domain account (domain.tld)

For the first issue, see my previous post. Regarding the second, the user should act on the database and also on the system file.

Best Regards ;

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Macsloverd - 04-05-2010 01:22 AM

Thank you Guys!

A great piece of software with a fantastic community!

I will try with the solution provided by nuxwin. And for anything useful, changing records in the DB does not work, I tried, but still thanks for suggestion!

I will post the result in case anyone can use the info in this post.

Oh, BTW, ths IP address is the same.

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Macsloverd - 04-05-2010 02:32 AM

Thanks for your help! However, there is an error occured:
Code:
Rebuilding all GUI configuration files
         ispCP GUI BIND configuration:                                   Failed

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
        Correct it and re-run this program.

The thing is that when I do the last step to update the ispcp, the ispcp.conf changes back to the original data.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

(04-04-2010 03:19 AM)nuxwin Wrote:  
(04-04-2010 01:05 AM)Macsloverd Wrote:  I have a ispcp Server running for 2 years and it is running very well. However, I need to change the default domain name of the server to another one. e.g. :

Hello ;

For the panel access:

Go to /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf and change:
Code:
to
Code:

Go to /etc/ispcp/bind/working and move:
Code:
admin.abc.com.db
to
Code:
admin.efg.com.db

And to finish, go to /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ and run:
Code:
# perl ispcp-update

Normally, that should work.

Best Regards ;

Note: You should use ispCP >= 1.0.3 for that.

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Nuxwin - 04-05-2010 02:49 AM

Hello ;

It's because you must change the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf file but also the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf file. And don't forgot to rename the bind db file as described in my previous post.

Best Regards ;

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Macsloverd - 04-05-2010 03:00 AM

That works!

Thanks! And I'll update the first post to summarize your solution for people who might find it useful.

(04-05-2010 02:49 AM)nuxwin Wrote:  Hello ;

That because you should change the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf file but also the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf file. And don't forgot to rename the bind db file as described in my previous post.

Best Regards ;

RE: [Help Needed]How to change the default domain name? - Nuxwin - 04-05-2010 03:04 AM

I'm happy for you my dear Wink