ispCP - Board - Support
How many domains are you running? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: How many domains are you running? (/thread-1028.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: How many domains are you running? - DennisO - 08-04-2008 02:22 AM

I have more than 50 mail and domains on my server.

RE: How many domains are you running? - kurgans - 08-04-2008 04:07 AM

My server works very well with these data

Nombre de cuenta bongostudio

Dominios 239
Subdominios 88
Alias de dominio 6
Cuentas de correo 1250
Cuentas FTP 302
Bases de datos SQL 92
Usuarios SQL 85

Some problems with apache for lack of sockets, but generally works very well
socket.c:2238: REQUIRE(maxfd <= (int)1024) failed.
host: isc_socket_create: not enough free resources

RE: How many domains are you running? - lschafroth - 11-15-2008 01:00 AM

Just moved over and I am a small startup mostly for private use.

Hosting 12 domains with ispCP RC6.

Lannie

RE: How many domains are you running? - grg - 11-28-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:I have notice of P4-3000 with 2Gbyte memory and hardware raid10 pushing an excess of 500 domains per server.

I used to put about 2500 domains on a server like this whitout any problem.

Now i'm hosting thousands of domain in my custom evinroment.

I think i can't use IspCP for them because the problem whit debian-fcgi (it uses ALL the ram, i tried it and in 15 minutes it used 7 of 8 gb's of ram). Anyway, i'll try to make IspCP running whit php as CGI and to move this sites on ispcp.

Quote:The problem is not how fast are the servers but the design and handling of logs, backups, statistics analysis etc. The continuous copying of files, analyzing and updating is killing performance as most of the time is spent copying and handling old data rather than serving sites.

The original vhcs2 I was using (3 years ago) hit it's dead point as soon as I reached the 50 domains mark. The problem gets even worse if a few of the sites are medium-traffic ones (I mean in the range of 1gbyte logs per day).

I would like to start a new thread for optimizing all this stuff (and post my mods) however I'm waiting for 1.0.0 to get out of the gates as any "distraction" would probably delay it's release.

I also had very big problems with the file managment. CPanel, for example, uses a custom log file for each domain and whit thousands domains it creashed. Just fixed the httpd.conf and now it works perfectly.

---

I don't think there is any big problem whit hosting thousands of domains. Just look how the CP manages logfiles, backups and vhosts (a graceful can be a very bad thing to do in an evinronment as mine)

RE: How many domains are you running? - Dexus - 12-18-2008 12:59 AM

582 Domains

on one server!

RE: How many domains are you running? - grg - 12-18-2008 01:49 AM

Ok now another question, i'm very courious (many isp -probably as me- don't choose open source panels because we haven't any SLA on support):

Are you webagency that hosts customer's sites? Are you paid hosting isp? Or free hosting providers?

Thanks

RE: How many domains are you running? - rbtux - 12-18-2008 02:39 AM

hi grg

we'll i work for a "real" isp, you know own backbone and that stuff... and we don't use ISPCP in production environment.

Just for testing. ISPCP is a very promising project, but doesn't serve our purposes at the moment (and it dont look like it will in the near future).

One could say, why don't we support ispcp with development so that ispcp will be able to support our purposes? Yeah well, lets say ask my boss ;-))

RE: How many domains are you running? - grg - 12-20-2008 07:35 PM

IMO, the only thing that's missing is a paid support whit guaranted response time Smile

GrG

RE: How many domains are you running? - RatS - 12-20-2008 08:07 PM

support for a non-stable. No way Big Grin

RE: How many domains are you running? - grg - 12-20-2008 08:59 PM

And for the stable version? Smile

Thanks