ispCP - Board - Support
Exclude dir from the backup - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Exclude dir from the backup (/thread-10308.html)

Exclude dir from the backup - Diego - 04-08-2010 07:34 PM

I have changed this line on the file:
/var/www/ispcp/engine/quota/ispcp-dsk-quota

and included the folllowing
Quote:--exclude="store/htdocs/download/*"

So I don't want that do be included on the backup, is that correct?

Quote: my $s = `$cmd_du --exclude="backups/$domain_name-*.lzma" --exclude="backups/$domain_name-*.bz2" --exclude="backups/$domain_name-*.gz" --exclude="backups/*.sql.lzma" --exclude="backups/*.sql.bz2" --exclude="backups/*.sql.gz" --exclude="logs/*.log" --exclude="store/htdocs/download/*" -s -B1

RE: Exclude dir from the backup - joximu - 04-09-2010 12:27 AM

why quota???

in engine/backup/ispcp-backup-all, change this line:
Code:
$backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";
/J

RE: Exclude dir from the backup - Diego - 04-15-2010 12:49 PM

(04-09-2010 12:27 AM)joximu Wrote:  why quota???

Code:
$backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";
/J

Thanks

RE: Exclude dir from the backup - mwlake - 03-20-2012 08:12 PM

(04-09-2010 12:27 AM)joximu Wrote:  why quota???

Code:
/J

I was also instructed to edit the "ispcp-dsk-quota" file. Didn't work though. Could you post an example for instance how to exclude all domainname.com/htdocs/cache folder and contents from daily backup using your method? Also, once the edit has been made, is it necessary to restart any service?

RE: Exclude dir from the backup - joximu - 03-21-2012 10:48 AM

Code:
$backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups  --exclude=htdocs/cache . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";

See last exclude parameter.

No need to restart anything - maybe be sure to not edit the file during a nightly backup :-)

/J