ispCP - Board - Support
Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) (/thread-10522.html)

Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) - lilsammy - 04-24-2010 10:20 PM

Hi today i installed ispCP for the first time on my dedi box the reason being i have had a dedeicated server for some time now but still pay for webhosting so im trying to move that over to my dedicated server too, save a bit of money, anyway so i chose ispCP so i could manage my websites better and add new ones if i ever have to.

The install seemed to go well im running Debian 5 on my dedicated server but after logging in with admin i noticed spam assassin and some others were down but i managed to use the how to's to get them working but im still stuck with these;

[Image: StatusPage.jpg]

I reinstalled bind9 and after setting up the zone again it starts ok and no errors in logs but its still "Down" on the status page. I have no idea what to do for POP3-SSL, SMTP and SMTP-SSL. Could anyone give me some help im not sure where to go from here.

RE: Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) - lilsammy - 04-26-2010 05:17 PM

bump, anyone know what i have done wrong i would still like to use this control panel :S

RE: Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) - leha - 04-29-2010 12:21 AM

Try running bind
Code:
# /etc/init.d/bind9 start

RE: Some services down (SMTP, POP3 etc) - lilsammy - 04-29-2010 12:57 AM

(04-29-2010 12:21 AM)leha Wrote:  Try running bind
Code:
# /etc/init.d/bind9 start

tried that but had no effect i switched to kloxo and it seems to work far better. Thanks tho.