ispCP - Board - Support
Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates (/thread-11726.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - Obi_Wan - 09-28-2010 06:06 PM

I'm just preparing a workspace to get working (still on a dialup connection currently).

One suggestion: I think logically it is better if we store compiled templates in a general cache folder. /cache or something and not hidden in the template folder. Then it would be easier to exclude that folder when you want to upload everything somewhere.

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - zpin - 09-28-2010 10:38 PM

Dialup is pretty oldschool Smile

The reasoning behind this is to have isolated themes. You want to delete a theme? Delete the folder, done.
Also, we might have multiple themes active at the same time if each user should be able to chose their theme. Although I guess Smarty would also handle fine that with a global compiled directory.

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - Obi_Wan - 09-28-2010 10:41 PM

Afaik Smarty should to its own garbage collection. It creates unique IDs for every template file in every folder. There should also bei somewhere an option to enable Smarty to create subfolders in its cache automatically. I hope I'm right there because it has been some time where I had to configure Smarty from scratch.

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - zpin - 09-28-2010 10:51 PM

Ok, this would be a quick change, though. In the mean time I think I checked all the .php/.tpl files at least I haven't found any fatal errors on any of the pages anymore. Also I checked most of the basic functionality.

Here's the latest patch. It applies to the latest trunk (r3348). I ask everyone who can and wants to to test it and the ispCP devs to evaluate integrating it into the trunk.

Also, HenrikS contacted me about the new theme. He's currently implementing it with the new smarty templates but could need some help since he doesn't have a lot of time. Anyone who would be up for that can contact him directly or post here.

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - james4545 - 09-30-2010 02:32 AM

Im having real troubles with this, really dont know where to find out my problem, I think im going to have to give it up as a bad job to be fair, why cant this be simplified for lamers ? Help !!!!!!!!

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - ZooL - 09-30-2010 03:27 AM

without information about the problem, not support.

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - kilburn - 09-30-2010 03:31 AM

@Zool: I think it's a spam bot Wink

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - ZooL - 09-30-2010 05:09 AM

I always answer yet Big Grin

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - zpin - 09-30-2010 09:16 AM

Is anyone evaluating this for integration or would you be interested in giving me SVN access so I could do it?

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates - Nuxwin - 10-01-2010 12:22 AM

Hello ;

The patch provide a wokring version for all level (admin, reseller, client) ? About svn account and rights on trunk, we can't giving you without a little test period. Maybe we can create specific branch for you. What is you Trac account name on our site ? You should have it to allow us to create svn account for you.