ispCP - Board - Support
No local email? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: No local email? (/thread-12210.html)

No local email? - dwessell - 11-23-2010 11:32 AM

Hi,

How can I configure ispcp so that no local email is accepted? We host all email for all domains on a different mail server in a different network..

The issue that we're running into is if a webform is submitted on the ispcp system with a email address in the same domain as the webhost, an attempt is made to deliver it locally.

Thanks
David

RE: No local email? - kilburn - 11-23-2010 05:59 PM

Set the e-mails limit to -1 (disabled) when creating the domain. I'm not sure if it still works properly if you change the limit afterwards (there's a ticket saying it doesn't, but it's for a specific version so...).

RE: No local email? - dwessell - 12-08-2010 01:33 AM

(11-23-2010 05:59 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Set the e-mails limit to -1 (disabled) when creating the domain. I'm not sure if it still works properly if you change the limit afterwards (there's a ticket saying it doesn't, but it's for a specific version so...).

Doesn't seem to work on existing domains.. Any way to edit the configuration or the mail daemon so that domains don't have to be deleted for this?

Thanks
David

RE: No local email? - kilburn - 12-09-2010 08:20 AM

comment out the domain in both /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains and /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains. Afterwards, run "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" and restart postfix.

RE: No local email? - dwessell - 12-09-2010 11:48 AM

(12-09-2010 08:20 AM)kilburn Wrote:  comment out the domain in both /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains and /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains. Afterwards, run "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" and restart postfix.

Thank you so much. That was a perfect fix.