ispCP - Board - Support
move one account from one ispcp server to another - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Migration (/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: move one account from one ispcp server to another (/thread-12721.html)

move one account from one ispcp server to another - xchrix - 01-20-2011 05:28 PM

hello

i have searched a while for this but found nothing in the same direction as my problem is. i have 3 different servers.. all running debian and ispcp. two of them the newest ispcp but one is running ispcp 1.0 rc4

everything is working fine but i will get rid off the old server with 1.0 rc4 so i decided to take 50% of the domains to each one of my two new servers.. so i have to take for example 20 domains and move them to an already running ispcp server which has already other domains on it..

is there a script which add everything for a webspace customer to one archive so that i can move that archive to the new server and extract it there? make it manually by hand is very much work to do.

i have tried the following:
  1. create a new account with same domain on the new server
  2. add ftp, subdomains and email accounts by hand with a random password
  3. move htdocs
  4. move emails

now its getting tricky. i need to restore the passwords from the old server to the new one. i thought ftp passwords would be easy beacuse they are stored in the ispcp mysql table.. thought wrong Sad my old passwords do have 10 characters. the new ones have for example 20 characters.. so i think there is another encryption used for it. how can i "upgrad" these passwords?

is it the right and best way how i move the accounts?
thanks very much for you help!

RE: move one account from one ispcp server to another - xchrix - 01-29-2011 04:07 AM

is there really no easy way to move an account between two different ISPCP servers??
unfortunately i am not a good shell script coder.. maybe someone can start to make a small script?