ispCP - Board - Support
phpmyadmin in ispCP - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Tickets / Roadmap / Timeline (/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: phpmyadmin in ispCP (/thread-12958.html)

phpmyadmin in ispCP - tomhb - 02-26-2011 10:13 PM

hi,

I am wondering, why phpmyadmin is a part of ispCP, why dont use the packages of the OS? First thing after installation, I replace the /pma-Folder with the packages of my debian repository, because I think these are more up-to-date.
So, why not use a symlink and a short vhost for these things?

Greetings Tom

sorry for this posting here, but trouble-ticket isnt working for me!?

RE: phpmyadmin in ispCP - RatS - 02-27-2011 03:38 AM

First of all we shift newer packages than e.g. Debian and second we deliver our own theme, you won't have if you use the distribution packed version.

RE: phpmyadmin in ispCP - tomhb - 02-27-2011 05:15 AM

Hi RatS,

(02-27-2011 03:38 AM)RatS Wrote:  First of all we shift newer packages than e.g. Debian and second we deliver our own theme, you won't have if you use the distribution packed version.

Youre completely right with the design.
And what about the people, which use the 1.0.5 and wont uprade for example to 1.0.7?
In my own, I cant upgrade so easy on production servers, or use the nightly-builds.
In this situation, I think that pma is a security risk, which can fixded easyly with my upgrade of the debian packages. If they are older or not, for the mass of installation I think, they are more secure, didnt you?

I only knew confixx as a hosting panel, and there using the packages of the debian repository.

Tom

RE: phpmyadmin in ispCP - ShadowJumper - 03-05-2011 12:08 AM

(02-27-2011 05:15 AM)tomhb Wrote:  In this situation, I think that pma is a security risk, which can fixded easyly with my upgrade of the debian packages. If they are older or not, for the mass of installation I think, they are more secure, didnt you?

Where is the problem?

Use the fixed files from the pma team and you have no problems or security risks Wink