ispCP - Board - Support
Ubuntu 7.04 Install - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Ubuntu 7.04 Install (/thread-1328.html)

Ubuntu 7.04 Install - n9xcr - 09-13-2007 11:55 PM

I've tried a few control panels already, including Webmin and ISPConfig. Webmin is alright, but I need something more along the lines of the typical hosting control panel. I tried ISPConfig, but it kind of sucks. I just happened to find ispCPOmega and it looks pretty good!

I just need to know, before I get started, the best way to prepare my server for ispCPOmega. Would it be alright to follow the "Perfect Ubuntu 7.04 Setup" at HowtoForge, or would it be easiest to have a clean (non-LAMP) install and install the packages listed in the ubuntu-packages-feisty file?

Thank you!
Chris

RE: Ubuntu 7.04 Install - FeG - 09-14-2007 12:38 AM

Hi,

I think you'll run better by installing a clean, minimal Ubuntu-system and install the packages listed in ubuntu-packages-files after that.
The HowTo you mentioned configures too much details - these will be overwritten while you install ispCP (or, if you're unlucky, they'll cause problems with the installation)

Greetings
FeG

RE: Ubuntu 7.04 Install - n9xcr - 09-14-2007 12:53 AM

Excellent. Thank you very much. That was the answer I was hoping for. lol The HowtoForge install is quite time consuming. Smile

Thank you,
Chris

RE: Ubuntu 7.04 Install - raphael - 09-14-2007 10:40 AM

ispCP for Ubuntu should work out of the box; hopefully no path is broken (btw, if you want to see something good use the latest trunk)