ispCP - Board - Support
Cpu usage - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Cpu usage (/thread-14125.html)

Cpu usage - avispa987 - 06-06-2011 10:01 AM

Hi everyone,, anyone knows how to limit and monitor what file or why that file is using 100% of cpu?.. i reinstalled all the vps and reinstalled ispcp-omega with its defaults apache configurations...

if anyone knows how to tune apache settings or something.. because with old server configs (debian lenny+ispcp) it worked right for a long time...not too much cpu usage.. but now with debian squeeze + ispcp it just stucks at 100%

thanks in advance

RE: Cpu usage - kilburn - 06-06-2011 01:44 PM

Locate the offending process using "top" or any other process monitoring utility. Once you know who's taking that much CPU, inspect the logs and/or use strace to see what is the actual problem.

Once you have narrowed down the problem, post related logs here if you want us to help.

RE: Cpu usage - avispa987 - 06-07-2011 01:22 AM

the problem is php5-cgi with one of websites ... i just disabled the website and the cpu stills being used at 100% of cpu by another website.. it seems to be that php5cgi is working wrong...
im using debian squeeze..
i will now reinstall the vps.. what distribution would you recommend me?
CentOS? Ubuntu? Debian (again)

i think its a debian bug.. it just cant use 100% por a simple forum... or a simple cms or a simple wordpress...

p.s: im using vmware server 2.0 ... the vps has debian squeeze, with ispcp omega 1.0.7.

RE: Cpu usage - kilburn - 06-07-2011 02:33 AM

Debian is the preferred distro around here (it's the most tested with ispcp). Have you tried to actually discover what kind of bug is causing this? Can it be a problem with the php code? Is the 100% cpu usage in user, system, or wait time?

Switching distros because of this is a pretty radical approach to server administration....

RE: Cpu usage - MasterTH - 06-07-2011 03:47 PM

maybe there are to many max fcgi processes running in your system.

VM-Ware 2.0 is known for not the best performance. I prefer openvz or xen. If you don't find the reason why your system is on high load, then give a try with a different virtualisation plattform.

RE: Cpu usage - avispa987 - 06-08-2011 06:40 AM

Hi everyone.. again.. i think i've found the problem... it was the worker mpm.. i switched to prefork and made some changes from this guide.. error
But.. now on ispcp gui (administrator controlpanel) shows a weird problem...
error 330 error_content_decoding_failed, ...
i dont know to solve it (yet).. i will try to figure out what's the problem..

RE: Cpu usage - avispa987 - 06-08-2011 12:12 PM

well... the error shown on my isp-control is this..
Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ispcp/gui/:/etc/ispcp/:/var/run/ispcp.lock:/proc/:/bin/df:/bin/mount:/var/log/rkhunter.log:/var/log/chkrootkit.log:/usr/share/phpSmile in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispCP/Bootstrap.php on line 107

i dont know what i changed... or what mistake i've made.. and i dont know how to fix it..

Any idea?

RE: Cpu usage - dentys - 07-28-2011 11:27 AM

hello.

I'm fighting with the same problem (many php-cgi processes that consumes 100% of the CPU).
I use debian squeeze and the lastest version of ispcp.

Did you solved this? how did you?

Thanks.