ispCP - Board - Support
[SOLVED] Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? (/thread-14181.html)

[SOLVED] Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - anarking - 06-16-2011 01:44 AM

Hi All.

I used to be having a problem with my ispCP daemon and so entering a new user would be queued, and I'd have to restart the service for it to process it. One time a weird sequence happened where it was created, queued, but deleted and created at the same time, so it is not in the GUI, but ispCP seems to still think it exists in the queue to be created (thoguh not in the GUI queue).

At any reboot (or restart of ispcp_daemon), Apache fails to start with:

Syntax error on line 230 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 4494 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/ispcp/maybe.com.conf: No such file or directory

maybe.com was the test domain that is now missing and is the problem. I want to make it go away.

If i modify /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf and remove the 3 sections of entries for maybe.com from [BEGIN] to [END], i can restart apache successfully.

Where do I look in the database to find this entry to remove it so it stops recreating it?

Thank you in advance for the help!

RE: Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - anarking - 06-17-2011 02:05 PM

If i search the ispcp database for every occurrence of "maybe" (the offending domain) and delete everything (rows, etc.), think that will cure it? Barbaric I know but...

RE: Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - anarking - 06-17-2011 03:40 PM

So, a little digging in the DB found it, it was actually stuck in the Orders table of the ispcp database. I deleted that row and it does not appear in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf file anymore, success!

There are other entries in the orders table, even though there are no pending orders, and these are domains that are currently active. I do not know whether or not to delete those rows, since I am not sure what effect it might have on the active domains... any input?

RE: Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - anarking - 06-18-2011 02:52 AM

This did NOT actually fix it. Restarted the ispcp_daemon and apache and boom, failed again. What the hell is making ispCP keep reinserting this entry into the apache config?!?!?!

RE: Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - kilburn - 06-18-2011 10:16 AM

Ispcp's base apache file is the one found in /etc/ispcp/apache2/working/ispcp.conf, not the "final" version of the file (stored in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf). Modify the former and you should get rid of this problem once and for all.

RE: Recurring apache config problem - orphaned database entry? - anarking - 06-18-2011 06:14 PM

thanks kilburn, that is indeed where i found it and it does appear to be working fine now and not coming back.

i searched nearly my entire system for the offending "maybe.com" within all files with:
find . | xargs grep 'maybe.com' -sl
to give me a list of any file that had it and came across that ispcp.conf in the /working folder. i removed it from all backed up apache files too haha. thanks for the clarification kilburn, good to know what file is populating down to apache.