ispCP - Board - Support
[HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Contributions Area (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Howtos (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot (/thread-1421.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - Kotty - 12-16-2008 07:53 PM

(12-16-2008 05:53 PM)joximu Wrote:  Thenn have a look at the permissions in

/var/mail/virtual/myk1ng.info/k1ng
/var/mail/virtual/myk1ng.info
/var/mail/virtual/

/J

solved by setting the correct uid at the dovecot configs Wink

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - pgentoo - 01-01-2009 11:53 AM

Do we need to change all the courier init.d paths in ispcp.conf? I'm assuming after removing courier, ispcp will error when trying to restart the imap daemons? Does dovecot need to be restarted after accounts are added/deleted?

-
pGentoo

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 01-03-2009 12:04 AM

(01-01-2009 11:53 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  Do we need to change all the courier init.d paths in ispcp.conf? I'm assuming after removing courier, ispcp will error when trying to restart the imap daemons?
Didn't tought of that, I've console access, so whenever I've to do something I do it from shell.
In the case of dovecot there's a single init.d entity forĀ” everything, so maybe you could have in your ispcp.conf the following:
CMD_AUTHD = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_IMAP_SSL = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_IMAP = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_POP_SSL = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_POP = /etc/init.d/dovecot

Quote:Does dovecot need to be restarted after accounts are added/deleted?
Dovecot is reading the users directly from the database, so there's no need to restart it when there are changes

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - pgentoo - 01-03-2009 10:11 AM

(01-03-2009 12:04 AM)aseques Wrote:  
(01-01-2009 11:53 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  Do we need to change all the courier init.d paths in ispcp.conf? I'm assuming after removing courier, ispcp will error when trying to restart the imap daemons?
Didn't tought of that, I've console access, so whenever I've to do something I do it from shell.
In the case of dovecot there's a single init.d entity forĀ” everything, so maybe you could have in your ispcp.conf the following:
CMD_AUTHD = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_IMAP_SSL = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_IMAP = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_POP_SSL = /etc/init.d/dovecot
CMD_POP = /etc/init.d/dovecot

Quote:Does dovecot need to be restarted after accounts are added/deleted?
Dovecot is reading the users directly from the database, so there's no need to restart it when there are changes

Ok, this is what I actually ended up doing so that it wouldn't try to restart a nonexistant courier. However, now it will likely restart dovecot multiple times after a change is made right?

I don't want dovecot restarting 4-5 times after an email address is added... Smile

If anyone has any guidance for the best way to set this up, please chime in.

-
pGentoo

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - rbtux - 01-03-2009 01:11 PM

just add a dummy script that does nothing (well exit 0 would be great imho;-))

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - pgentoo - 01-05-2009 11:33 AM

Ok, I created a empty init.d script for this purpose, and it seems to work now without having to restart dovecot. Thanks. Smile

One more quick question...

Logged in as a reseller, and looking at the "Domain Statistics", I see "0 B" across the board for IMAP/POP traffic. Is this not supported for dovecot, or do i need to do some tweaks somewhere? I have a few customers that use a TON more IMAP/SMTP traffic then web traffic, so it would be great if I can get this going.

Thanks,
pGentoo

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 01-16-2009 12:51 AM

(01-05-2009 11:33 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  Logged in as a reseller, and looking at the "Domain Statistics", I see "0 B" across the board for IMAP/POP traffic. Is this not supported for dovecot, or do i need to do some tweaks somewhere? I have a few customers that use a TON more IMAP/SMTP traffic then web traffic, so it would be great if I can get this going.
Some time ago I posted a little patch to solve this problem accouting.
It's a trivial change in a regex, it could be done differently to work both with dovecot and courier, but since upstream doesn't like to mix both (dovecot and courier) in configs I never did it properly.
You can find the patch in this thread thread

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 01-20-2009 12:31 AM

(01-16-2009 12:51 AM)aseques Wrote:  
(01-05-2009 11:33 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  Logged in as a reseller, and looking at the "Domain Statistics", I see "0 B" across the board for IMAP/POP traffic. Is this not supported for dovecot, or do i need to do some tweaks somewhere? I have a few customers that use a TON more IMAP/SMTP traffic then web traffic, so it would be great if I can get this going.
Some time ago I posted a little patch to solve this problem accouting.
It's a trivial change in a regex, it could be done differently to work both with dovecot and courier, but since upstream doesn't like to mix both (dovecot and courier) in configs I never did it properly.
You can find the patch in this thread thread

I see that now this patch has become part of trunk in rev 1597
It's post 1.0, so you'll have to integrate it by yourself.

Note: It seems trought the comment from rats that from 1.0 onwards, there's a more open approach to dovecot (at least meanwhile it doesn't break anything). So finally we might get the ispcp-dovecot-mngr into trunk.
BeNe, coud that be possible?

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - BeNe - 01-20-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:So finally we might get the ispcp-dovecot-mngr into trunk.
BeNe, coud that be possible?
Maybe if we try to integrate Dovecot after 1.0. But at this time we are not supporting it. So long the ispcp-dovecot-mngr is still only in the wiki available.
As RatS said, it would be nice if the Admin can choose during the install between Courier and Dovecot in later versions.

Greez BeNe

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - Zothos - 01-20-2009 06:45 PM

exactly, lets wait until stable. Then we can revisit this howto, rewrite it or create a new one for the stable. And maybe it can be inegrated then easily