ispCP - Board - Support
[HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Contributions Area (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Howtos (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot (/thread-1421.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - rbtux - 05-23-2008 02:34 AM

yeah it is (quota at least).. you can us this with maildir++ support. But you better use a version 1.1 of dovecot. Checkout the dovecot wiki for more details...

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - pgentoo - 05-23-2008 04:17 AM

I would like to move my server over to dovecot, but i'm curious if this will result in any missing functionality with ispCP as opposed to running with courier. Will it end up working 100% after the transition, or will i be missing some stuff?

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - rbtux - 05-23-2008 04:34 AM

Well i switched to dovecot, but i don't ever missed something and all the ispcp stuff is working here. Well in fact I miss the wasted memory used by courier-imap ;-)))

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - BeNe - 05-29-2008 07:23 PM

Some changes are in the new DoveCot Version. If you have also this Message
Code:
dovecotWarning: mail_extra_groups setting was often used insecurely so it is now deprecated, use mail_access_groups or mail_privileged_group instead
Change in your dovecot.conf
Code:
mail_extra_groups = mail
to
Code:
mail_access_groups = mail

Greez BeNe

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 06-15-2008 01:44 AM

I upgraded the wiki to explain how to implement Quota, it's not configurable from the panel yet (RC5), but the information is in the database, so using that is quite easy.
I've been testing a little and using Debian etch (version 1.0rc15) it's working fine.

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 06-16-2008 07:21 PM

Since RC5, there is the feature of an address being at the same time a normal address and a forward, some lines have to be changed in the dovecot-sql-domain.conf to be able to autenticate with those aliases too.

Code:
password_query = SELECT md5(mail_pass) AS password FROM mail_users inner join domain on mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and domain.domain_name='%d' and mail_type='normal_mail';

to:
Code:
password_query = SELECT md5(mail_pass) AS password FROM mail_users inner join domain on mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and domain.domain_name='%d' and (mail_type='normal_mail' OR mail_type='normal_mail,normal_forward');

and also from:

Code:
user_query = SELECT concat('/var/mail/virtual/', domain.domain_name, '/',mail_acc) as home, '1001' as uid, '8' as gid FROM mail_users inner join domain on mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and domain.domain_name='%d' and mail_type='normal_mail';
to:

Code:
user_query = SELECT concat('/var/mail/virtual/', domain.domain_name, '/',mail_acc) as home, '1001' as uid, '8' as gid FROM mail_users inner join domain on mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and domain.domain_name='%d' and (mail_type='normal_mail' OR mail_type='normal_mail,normal_forward');

Same changes apply to people using quota
You can look at the wiki for updated config

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aphorist - 07-19-2008 02:31 PM

Some system like me used uid=1001 (Default Value) but in this step in wiki

17. Changes in dovecot-sql-domain.conf
Code:
user_query = SELECT concat('/var/mail/virtual/', domain.domain_name, '/',mail_acc) as home, '1000' as uid, '8' as gid, concat('maildir:storage=', floor(quota/1024)) AS quota FROM mail_users inner join domain on mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and (mail_type='normal_mail' OR mail_type='normal_mail,normal_forward');

uid is 1000 please check

Thank ^.^

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - Zothos - 07-19-2008 05:33 PM

quote from howto:
Quote:(In the sql for user_query there are uids and gids 'hardcoded'. The uid must be the uid of vmail user and gid the gid of the mail group. Maybe you have to change the defaults (1001/8))

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 07-19-2008 11:35 PM

Ouch, I'm installing ispcp in vz containers, so there's no default user created, the first user is created with uid 1000, while with a normal installation the first user is created during the install and so the vmail user will be 1001.
To make the install more standard it would be cool that the installer itself used the uid 1001 (if available).
PS: I'll try to keep this in mind for my next install ...

RE: [HowTo] Replace courier with dovecot - aseques - 08-13-2008 10:49 PM

Hi, I found that when regenerating the configs there is also the master.cf regenerated and also the main.cf.
To avoid that is as simple as to put prepared templates on the proper places:

/etc/ispcp/postfix/master.cf
/etc/ispcp/postfix/main.cf

Somehow the attachment system is not working for me, so I cannot post the templates until I can put them somewhere (either here or on the wiki)

NOTE: I also updated the wiki so it uses uid 1001 in all the configs