ispCP - Board - Support
my server it's not resolving domain/ips - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: my server it's not resolving domain/ips (/thread-1434.html)

Pages: 1 2

my server it's not resolving domain/ips - avispa987 - 10-01-2007 09:10 AM

my server doesnt resolve the ips or domain names i dont know... when i type (this domain it's created into an account in ispcp on the server) tu-hosting.info it have to go to the default ispcp page... but when i ping it, the cmd ping to 192.168.2.2 (that it's the lan ip) and i dont know what i have to do to solve this problem or make the domain resolve the real server ip... 213.60.236.155. I Hope that you can help me ..

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - joximu - 10-01-2007 06:10 PM

Can you tell us more about the network?

Where is the server, etc etc

/Joximu

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - avispa987 - 10-02-2007 02:33 AM

my server it's on home.. i opened a lot of ports on the router....i think that it's not the problem..and i have static ip adress

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - joximu - 10-02-2007 03:19 AM

ok.
So from external your server should be reachable with a valid ip address (213...).
Let's focus on this first.
Do you have a DNS server which points your domain name to this external ip address?
tu-hosting.info is not registered... If you want someone to reach your website, you need:
at least 2 domain name servers which know where the website is and where the mails are going (both: your "real" ip address).
Then we are in your network: the router sends the ip packets for Port 80 and 25 (and maybe more) to your server 192.168.2.2 - and this one responds.

So far so good.
In your LAN you maybe have other ip addresses (tu-hosting.info is not 213... but is 192....).
What IP do you have configured in ispcp?

If this is not what you are looking for, then please describe the problem again.

Cheers
Joximu

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - avispa987 - 10-02-2007 09:34 AM

i configured 192.168.2.2 as the main ip of ispcp with the domain estudioscastro.es
and then i configured 213.60.236.155 for wan.estudioscastro.es and i created tu-hosting.info again with that adress. now i want to know what ports i must open on the router to make work the dns...
oh i forget, i created this nameservers
ns1: ns201.webdb.uni.cc
ns2: ns202.webdb.uni.cc

i hope ur reply will solve it, thanks a lot...

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - joximu - 10-02-2007 09:52 AM

Hi avispa

first: your server is in you local network - so there is only the local ip address to be used - for all domains.

then: dns: I assume you take care of the 2 dns, you create zones for domains with the infor: the domain is hosted on my own external ip address (213.....)

next: your NAT router has to forward all incoming traffic on port 80, 25, maybe 110, 143 and 587 - ftp is a bit difficult... to the internal server...

Then your domain should be reachable from outside.
From inside you maybe have a dns problem - it depends if your pc thinks the website is on the external address or on the internal...

I hope you can understand...

/Joximu

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - avispa987 - 10-02-2007 10:32 AM

can i add u into my Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger? if yes please send me a pm or post the id here. thanks a lot

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - joximu - 10-02-2007 10:41 AM

I don't have Messager things - only mail... (see my profile).

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - avispa987 - 10-02-2007 10:43 AM

can u go to tigre.xtservers.com and chat to me into the flash chat there.. please! Sad thanks a lot

RE: my server it's not resolving domain/ips - brianhenson - 05-21-2008 12:03 PM

I have the same issue but if I turn off my firewall (iptables) it works fine. I have only added 1 rule to allow a management station full unblocked access, everything else is straight from the ispcp_network. Any help would be greatly appreated.