ispCP - Board - Support
Ticket #742 - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Ticket #742 (/thread-1441.html)

Ticket #742 - Cube - 10-02-2007 03:45 AM

Rats said I should discuss about ticket #742. So here i do.
If you use more than one mail account for yourself, it is easier to login into ispcp and check for mails using the autologin than to login into each account separately.
It gives you also the possibility to read foreign mails if the account is not used by yourself, but you decide which password is used, so you can do it anyway.

RE: Some Tickets - Breaki - 10-02-2007 03:53 AM

hm... i think first we should make the webmail working correctly Rolleyes

and than we have to discuss Wink but i think the same way like RatS, it would be better not to implement it (and i don't know if it is possible without changing the whole code of squirrel, pma has support for session signon, but squirrel?)

greetz

RE: Some Tickets - rbtux - 10-02-2007 04:07 AM

I think like RatS too...

It's against users privacy to implement such a feature

RE: Some Tickets - Cube - 10-02-2007 04:36 AM

I don't really see a privacy problem as explained, but it seems I'm outvoted.

But perhaps somebody can reopen ticket #721. My message is always recognized as spam.
Now there are no html entities but several characters instead of the non-standard characters, because mail clients treat the mails as if they were encoded in ISO-8859-1.
There should be added a charset-info with utf-8 in the mail header.

[split] Some Tickets - joximu - 10-02-2007 05:05 AM

Hi Cube

If you count all possible variations of customers then it's a privacy problem.
You're right: the domain admin can set/change all passwords but if the user change their password they will know if he set the password back.
In some cases it'd be usefull but in some cases the domain admin access is given to webdevelopers or such things (because the domain admin is a newbie) and they don't absolutely need any access to the mail accounts.
If you see what srt of privacy standards are build in some factories then you'll agree: this is not a good thing.

Ok, Ticket 721: I also had the spam problem with welcome mails where the subject was utf encoded twice...
we'll have a look on that...

Cheers
Joximu

RE: Ticket #742 - raphael - 10-02-2007 11:54 AM

admins can read the emails anyways...
not the same situation for resellers, tough

RE: Ticket #742 - RatS - 10-02-2007 04:41 PM

that's what I wrote on ticket:
Quote:they can anyways read them by going to /var/mail/virtual/domain.tld/mailAccName/[cur|new]
RatS Wrote:only the administrator(s) of the system can this, not every domain owner (customer or customer of customer of the admin). You have to trust your admin or crpyt your mails