ispCP - Board - Support
Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own (/thread-1563.html)

Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - Sweeny - 10-18-2007 06:43 AM

Hi there,

why can the customer not switch between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own? I think it's a bit confusing to implement PHP as a fcgi module und not as mod_php and then the customer is not able to choose between the two php versions.

Greetings
Sweeny

RE: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - joximu - 10-18-2007 06:49 AM

Because version 1.0 will never be released when *everything* should be included.

Put it into the wishlist - if it's not already in there.

/J

RE: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - Sweeny - 10-18-2007 06:58 AM

Ok i wrote it to the wishlist

RE: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - BioALIEN - 10-18-2007 07:11 PM

To be honest, PHP4 is almost considered DEAD. We should encourage people to move to PHP5. Some big opensource projects have stopped supporting PHP4.

RE: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - BeNe - 10-18-2007 07:15 PM

Yes BioAlien is right.
In the Setup PHP5 is set as default now.
But maybe some older Scripts need PHP4...so i mean that the FAQ entry about it is enoug and we wait for PHP6.

Greez BeNe

RE: Allow the user to change between PHP4 and PHP5 on his own - joximu - 10-19-2007 04:09 AM

Yes - the customer should ask the admin to switch from php5 to php4 - when PHP6 is supported here the situation is different - then we should give the opportunity to let the customer choose...

/J