ispCP - Board - Support
[solved] Have a list of emails of a specific domain - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Contributions Area (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Howtos (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [solved] Have a list of emails of a specific domain (/thread-16531.html)

[solved] Have a list of emails of a specific domain - bcon2013 - 04-19-2013 12:07 AM

Hi Team, my question is:

HOW TO get the list of mailboxes associated to a domain?

I try to explain better with an example:
- I have a domain blablabla.com
- I have 100 mailboxes associated to that domain
- I can see all of them within the ISPCP Omega panel of that domain
BUT

MY QUESTION IS: how can I get the list of all of them into a file or into an email?

Till now I always done a copy/paste for any page, but I'm wondering if there is a more clever way to do that.

Hope it is the right forum to ask it.

Thanks for your support. Bye, Vale

RE: Have a list of emails of a specific domain - joximu - 04-19-2013 02:25 AM

Either set the list-max-count to 100 or so
or have a look at /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases (or another file there... maiboxes etc)

/J

RE: Have a list of emails of a specific domain - bcon2013 - 04-19-2013 06:55 AM

Hi Joximu,
thanks for your quick answer, but sorry...maybe I explain wrong my needs.

I checked the files you suggested but they are including ALL the mailboxes in a scramble manner.
I need something different.
I need to have a list of mailboxes to be exported for a specific domain.

I'll try to explain with a more clear (I HOPE!) example:
- I have (let's say) X domains.
- One of the domain is blablabla.com
- Into blablabla.com I created (let's say) 10 mailboxes (or 100 or 50 or whatever number). The names will be xxx@blablabla.com, yyy@blablabla.com, etc@blablabla.com .....

Now, I could have the need to have a list including all the mailboxes (into an email or into a file or whatever) of a specific domain (for example: blablabla.com) .

I know I can read the mailboxes on the ISPCP panel, but I could have the needs to get a list of them to use locally on my PC.

Is there a way to get it? Is there any command or any file having the mailboxes ordered by the domain?

Thanks for your support. Bye, Vale

RE: Have a list of emails of a specific domain - joximu - 04-19-2013 11:07 AM

Hi

well - I think I understood right... but I did not write everything... :-/

One way: in ispcp: as domain user you have the addresses on the page with the mailboxes. - of course the "autoresponder" thing is also there which might be disturbing.
the number of lines you can set as ispcp admin in the settings: "domains per page"...

Or there are the system files: as stated... but you might need to filter them...
grep "@domain.tld" /etc/postfix/ispcp/mailboxes | cut -f 1 | sort
(here you don't have the alias-adresses/forwardings)

if you need another approach you have to write your own solution using the data in the mysql database...

/Joxi

(SOLVED) Have a list of emails of a specific domain - bcon2013 - 04-19-2013 06:10 PM

Hi,

thanks again for the time you spent for my problem!

Your first solution is what I'm using at the moment, but you got it! The "autoresponder" is bothering me.

BUT your second solution is great.

Now I know there is nothing ready, so using the file you said, I can "grep" info I need.

In the meantime I'll start to prepare my own solution. I'll be happy to share it for anyone needs.

Thanks Joximu! Valentina

PS: signed "SOLVED" into the title of the post.

RE: [solved] Have a list of emails of a specific domain - joximu - 04-19-2013 06:16 PM

Hi Valentina

Just a little note: maybe you noticed that development stopped for ispcp (> 2 years ago), maybe it's better you have a look at one of the forks, either i - m s c p.net or e a s y s c p.net (or other?)

Cheers Joxi

RE: [solved] Have a list of emails of a specific domain - bcon2013 - 04-19-2013 06:53 PM

(04-19-2013 06:16 PM)joximu Wrote:  Hi Valentina

Just a little note: maybe you noticed that development stopped for ispcp (> 2 years ago), maybe it's better you have a look at one of the forks, either i - m s c p.net or e a s y s c p.net (or other?)

Cheers Joxi

Joxi, yes.
I'm studying to move to e a s y fork, but I'm forced to keep the present solution till the summer due to a big workload. If I will develop my solution I'll be sure it fits both the environment ;-) Thanks, I strongly believe share knowledge is a wonderful gift. Vale