ispCP - Board - Support
cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help (/thread-16565.html)

cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help - LordISP - 06-09-2013 03:51 AM

Guys I need your much appreciated help

I kept the system for a longer time alone and must now do an IP change nut I cannot log on to the admin panel anymore, I simply forgot the password. When I do a password reset procedure and enter the new received password I get again a invalid user/password combination.

Any idea whats wrong or how I may fix this. I can root access the server and have also god permissions to the mysql database.

Thanks for any feedback on this one!!

Cheers

LordISP

RE: cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help - joximu - 06-09-2013 04:33 AM

you can set a new password directly in the database.

Database name normally is 'ispcp',
table 'admin'
there is at least one entry with 'admin_type' = 'admin'
there you will see the username and the email address...
you can set a new password using the MD5 function (update ... set admin_pass = md5('newpasswd')...)

Hope this helps

/Joxi

RE: cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help - LordISP - 06-09-2013 05:26 AM

Hey Joxi

that worked; no clue why password reset sucked. I never thought manual set a MD5 password would work I was supposed there's an additional algorithms.

Anyhow thanks for your help

Cheers

RE: cannot logon anymore and reset password doesn't help - joximu - 06-09-2013 08:41 AM

You're welcome...

/J