ispCP - Board - Support
Access Login screen - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Access Login screen (/thread-1804.html)

Access Login screen - genesisrage - 11-18-2007 11:26 AM

im using a vps where my hostname is not an actual domain name i own, so it says to goto admin.mysite.vps... which doesnt actually exist.

i can access from the ip address, but would like an easier way. or even allowing some kind of symbolic like such as hostedsite.com/ispcp would goto the login screen. (even for all sites)

that or what need to be edited so it looks for admin.hostedsite.com instead of admin.mysite.vps

RE: Access Login screen - gOOvER - 11-18-2007 03:40 PM

Which distro do you use???

RE: Access Login screen - joximu - 11-18-2007 07:05 PM

genesisrage Wrote:im using a vps where my hostname is not an actual domain name i own, so it says to goto admin.mysite.vps... which doesnt actually exist.

No problem: the original host does not need to be the in the URL for the admin website.

genesisrage Wrote:i can access from the ip address, but would like an easier way. or even allowing some kind of symbolic like such as hostedsite.com/ispcp would goto the login screen. (even for all sites)

You can do this with redirects in every customers site - the ispcp admin site should run with different apache settings - so it should run within it's own virtualhost.

genesisrage Wrote:that or what need to be edited so it looks for admin.hostedsite.com instead of admin.mysite.vps

during the setup you're asked aboput the hostname -> your vps hostname
and then you're asked about the URL for the admin page (ispcp) -> adminpanel.yourdomain.com (e.g.)

/Joximu