ispCP - Board - Support
MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir (/thread-2074.html)

MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - robmorin - 01-03-2008 05:31 AM

Hello all....

i have a few heavy websites.... one of them has 1.9 million sess_ files in the phptmp dir.... Waz up with that?

i can not do an ls as there are too many files, i got that number from my backup system, it was talking 14 hours to complete backups.... after 2 days of trying out to figure why i noticed that the amount of files that are backed up tripled, but the disk space occupied did not go up by much... so i check for tmp files, and sure enough there are lots in there... so i guess i will rm -rf the dir and then re create it....

Should i be deleting these files on a regular basis? i thought they got deleted automagically?

Thanks..
Rob..

RE: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - robmorin - 01-03-2008 08:25 AM

After further investigation it would seem all my sites since they were first activated have all their session files in phptmp, they all date back to the first date a website became active

Can someone else please confirm the same thing???
Thanks...

Rob..
Montreal, Canada

robmorin Wrote:Hello all....

i have a few heavy websites.... one of them has 1.9 million sess_ files in the phptmp dir.... Waz up with that?

i can not do an ls as there are too many files, i got that number from my backup system, it was talking 14 hours to complete backups.... after 2 days of trying out to figure why i noticed that the amount of files that are backed up tripled, but the disk space occupied did not go up by much... so i check for tmp files, and sure enough there are lots in there... so i guess i will rm -rf the dir and then re create it....

Should i be deleting these files on a regular basis? i thought they got deleted automagically?

Thanks..
Rob..

RE: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - joximu - 01-03-2008 09:43 AM

Line 35 of the ispcp cronjobs file should care about that

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser/trunk/configs/cron.d/ispcp

0,30 * * * * root {TOOLS_ROOT_DIR}/ispcpphptemp.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
(with {...} replaced by the right path)

Can you check if the cron job is running every 30 minutes on your server?

/J

RE: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - raphael - 01-05-2008 03:31 AM

the script should work just fine, if you want to confirm (but be warned it will throw a lot of info) modify it and add a new line after the first one and there write 'set -x' and manually run the script.

RE: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir - robmorin - 01-05-2008 03:44 AM

it would seem that it does not work in that crontab i copied and pasted it into another custom crontab i use for custom stuff, and prepended the real path and then it worked just fine....

Thanks for the tips, however i am not sure why it does not run while in the ispcp cron file....

Thanks for the replies guys!
Smile

Rob...

raphael Wrote:the script should work just fine, if you want to confirm (but be warned it will throw a lot of info) modify it and add a new line after the first one and there write 'set -x' and manually run the script.