ispCP - Board - Support
whitelist for policyd ? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: whitelist for policyd ? (/thread-2212.html)

Pages: 1 2

whitelist for policyd ? - macbishop - 01-23-2008 04:51 AM

Hello.

I have a recipient address that it's rejected for policyd.

In first time
Code:
retrying too fast. penalty: 30 seconds x 0 retries
and in second attempt
Code:
Mail appeared to be SPAM or forged

How can I clean it in policyd ?

Debian 4.0
trunk 974

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - rbtux - 01-23-2008 06:26 PM

add

check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/policyd_whitelist,

before

check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:12525

then open /etc/postfix/policyd_whitelist and put:

ip.of.problem.server OK

in there.

You can also do that with the recipient address (use check_recipient_access instead of check_client_access) but that is not recommandable because the sending server is the problem here...

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - macbishop - 01-24-2008 06:47 AM

rbtux Wrote:add

check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/policyd_whitelist,

before

check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:12525

then open /etc/postfix/policyd_whitelist and put:

ip.of.problem.server OK

in there.

You can also do that with the recipient address (use check_recipient_access instead of check_client_access) but that is not recommandable because the sending server is the problem here...

ok. rbtux, I will try

thanks. Smile

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - macbishop - 01-25-2008 09:02 AM

runs fine. but...
why policyd filter this IP and postgrey not ?

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - joximu - 01-25-2008 09:39 AM

policyd-weight is not the same as postgrey.

policyd-weight: is like several Blacklists and some other spam-recognition tools combined together and weighted...
So: you'll need a whitelist for the poor guy sending from a spamming IP address.

postgrey: it forces the mailserver to send the first mail to a certain person twice, so the old spam senders were sorted out.
You'll need a white list there for the mail servers which do not comply to the rfc standards (there once were some windows smtp machines which did not send a mail twice...)

/J

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - macbishop - 01-25-2008 10:48 AM

joximu Wrote:policyd-weight is not the same as postgrey.

policyd-weight: is like several Blacklists and some other spam-recognition tools combined together and weighted...
So: you'll need a whitelist for the poor guy sending from a spamming IP address.

postgrey: it forces the mailserver to send the first mail to a certain person twice, so the old spam senders were sorted out.
You'll need a white list there for the mail servers which do not comply to the rfc standards (there once were some windows smtp machines which did not send a mail twice...)

/J

ok. thanks for the clarification Smile

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - pgentoo - 04-25-2009 04:07 AM

RE:
check_recipient_access
check_client_access

So can you point both checks to the same file, and mix IP's, hostnames, and senders in this one file? Or do you have to keep these separate and reference different files?

Also, i see that policyd supports getting all these items from mysql. Is there a reason we didn't setup ispcp like this? Future plans? http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html

Anyone running with this stuff in the DB? It would be REALLY nice to allow users to change these settings for their spam filtering... Smile

Thanks,
pGentoo

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - kilburn - 04-25-2009 05:03 AM

Beware that policyd-weight (the one used in ispcp) is not the same as policyd (the one you're mentioning)!

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - pgentoo - 04-25-2009 06:36 AM

Hrm, i have both installed on my system... So maybe only one of them is being used?

RE: whitelist for policyd ? - kilburn - 04-25-2009 07:42 AM

It depends on how many check_policy_service directives you have in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions of /etc/postfix/main.cf. As additional info, ispcp uses port 12525 for policyd-weight and 60000 for postgrey.