ispCP - Board - Support
Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Preinstallation Questions (/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server (/thread-2304.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - hxbro - 02-06-2008 03:35 AM

Just having another look at this, and it appears, not only the users were missing, but all the fastcgi configs e.g.

/var/www/fcgi/thedomain.com/*

all the user/groups in /var/www/virtual/ are root:root

the dirs in /var/www/virtual/thedomain.com/ are missing (backups/cgi-bin/errors/htdocs/logs) - phptmp dir is there though.

Is there a way to get it to put all these in ? maybe setting a status in the database for the domains and running a script to regenerate them ?

I seem to remember there was something in vhcs that did something similar, you set the status to changed and ran a script to regenerate the configs

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - joximu - 02-06-2008 07:50 AM

Hi

vhcs did not use fastcgi - so there were no folders fcgi and the permissions were different - at least for the php written files...

One solution might be: set the filed "status" in the database (domain_users) to "toadd" and run the request manager. This should create a system user and the needed folders for the domain and php settings (fcgi)...
Try it with one domain...
But first reneame/delete the copied folders (within var/www/virtual, /var/mail/virtual and the vu2XxX users...

and later: you should set the permissions of the files in /var/www/virtual/domain to the domain-user (vu200x...)

/J

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - hxbro - 02-06-2008 08:00 PM

I noticed there were lots of errors in the database in the status fields saying the vuxxxx user didn't exist.

So I'm reinstalling, but this time starting with the users in the passwd files.

One thing I've now noticed that when it generates the database keys and passwords in the setup it takes a very long time, I tried on a vmware host and it took no time at all - I'm guessing this is probably a lenny problem.

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - BeNe - 02-06-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:the database keys and passwords in the setup it takes a very long time, I tried on a vmware host and it took no time at all - I'm guessing this is probably a lenny problem.
No - this is no lenny Problem! There is only not enough entropy avialable.
Means that you Server does not have enough data to generate a good key.
Try it with a new SSH Connection to the Server and ping to an other Server or hack on your keyboard...

Greez BeNe

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - hxbro - 02-06-2008 08:36 PM

ahh ok, the server is doing practically nothing so that would explain it. thanks

RE: Migrating from vhcs on old server to omega on a new server - hxbro - 02-06-2008 09:14 PM

Update, looks like this time more of the files are there and the permissions look to be set. So it looks like I needed the vuxxxx users to exist before the upgrade.

the dirs in /var/www/virtual/thedomain.com/ are still missing (backups/cgi-bin/errors/htdocs/logs) - phptmp dir is there though, I just need to copy these over from the other server and it looks set.

Thanks for the help so far, hopefully there won't be any further problems. I'll try some instructions for what I did and some patch files for lenny at some point when everything is up and running.