ispCP - Board - Support
[HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Contributions Area (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Howtos (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin (/thread-286.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - BeNe - 06-14-2007 05:47 PM

ephigenie Wrote:however in fact you can munin run on more than one node and send the results to one central host.

Really ? I´m not sure about this function. Could be interesting.
But I would prefer there cacti then.

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - ephigenie - 06-14-2007 07:09 PM

mh I'm on my way to implement monitoring of my serverfarm with zabbix.
I think i can post a howto afterwords.

Zabbix is a really nice looking monitoring & reporting application.
It has its own daemon and is really fast.

If you're going to use munin with more than 5 hosts and 10graphs each then a small server is generating every 5 minutes 50 graphs which takes a few minutes (between 2-4) so the system will get very busy Sad
Thats why i was looking for alternatives - and zabbix can use a gsm-modem or other services to notify you, if something goes wrong - and thats what's really cool on it Smile

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - BeNe - 06-14-2007 07:27 PM

we use Nagios for this Wink
But a HowTo about Zabbix would be very very nice....

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - Smallserver - 01-26-2008 04:41 AM

Very nice howto!
However, I needed to change /etc/munin/munin.conf:

# a simple host tree
#[localhost.localdomain]
[www.mydomain.tld]
address 127.0.0.1
use_node_name yes
address 127.0.0.1
use_node_name yes

Otherwise I ended up reading my stats in http://www.mydomain.tld/munin/localhost.localdomain

Regards,
Herman

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - Binford8000 - 01-29-2008 02:12 AM

Is it possible to monitor Apache with munin as well? The included plugins don' generate anything (maybe only with Apache-prefork).

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - Janko - 01-29-2008 02:19 AM

Binford8000 Wrote:Is it possible to monitor Apache with munin as well? The included plugins don' generate anything (maybe only with Apache-prefork).

sure, but you need the apache modul "status"

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - Binford8000 - 01-29-2008 02:39 AM

Of course I loaded this module...

Edit for further readers:
You have to configure the mod_status Module in the apache.conf

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - zekquel - 03-01-2008 06:22 AM

have you got any idea how much RAM and processor do munin require ? i mean, i have about 80 MBs of RAM left, and the processor is pretty much free, so it won't be a problem. the RAM is a little bit.

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - BeNe - 03-01-2008 07:36 PM

Well, there is no really number. Munin does only create every 5min via Cron Job the Graphs. Threre is more CPU than RAM needed. Try it out. But it should work also on Low System.

Greez BeNe

RE: [HowTo] Get some nice Server graphs with Munin - zekquel - 03-02-2008 01:08 AM

BeNe Wrote:Well, there is no really number. Munin does only create every 5min via Cron Job the Graphs. Threre is more CPU than RAM needed. Try it out. But it should work also on Low System.

Greez BeNe

okay BeNe, thanks. i will try it tomorrow