ispCP - Board - Support
SSL - Dedicated IP - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SSL - Dedicated IP (/thread-3313.html)

SSL - Dedicated IP - glombool - 05-16-2008 10:07 AM

Being able to easily dedicate IPs for SSL use would be great. Something like GPL host's SSL tokens.

RE: SSL - Dedicated IP - pgentoo - 05-17-2008 05:38 AM

Is there even a manual way to add SSL to a site currently?

I NEED the ability to configure ssl sites with a dedicated IP. I'm fine with doing this manually in the DB for now, but is that even possible currently?

RE: SSL - Dedicated IP - kilburn - 05-23-2008 02:09 AM

It isn't. You should add the new IP and create a the domain as usual. Then just copy the domain's VirtualHost block from the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf file to another "domain.conf" file, and on this one replace the port and add the SSL directives.

RE: SSL - Dedicated IP - pgentoo - 05-23-2008 04:13 AM

Oh ok, so it is "supported" but manually through editng the config file. This is better than "not possible". Smile

The problem here, is if somethign screws up, and i have to rebuild my ispcp vhosts file rom teh db, I lose all my manual chages. Sad I would like to see this info stored in the db sooner than later. I understand this is probably a 1.1 version though. : (

RE: SSL - Dedicated IP - kilburn - 05-23-2008 10:53 AM

if you do as I said above you'll have no problem at all, because the "config regeneration" only edits the "ispcp.conf" file, not the one you created by hand Wink

RE: SSL - Dedicated IP - pgentoo - 05-23-2008 11:26 AM

Oh I understand. On my distro its /etc/apache/vhosts.d/, which is why i was slightly confused.

Thanks for the tips.