ispCP - Board - Support
does it admit to create ssh login? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Preinstallation Questions (/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: does it admit to create ssh login? (/thread-3369.html)

does it admit to create ssh login? - dim0xff - 05-26-2008 04:52 PM

Hello!
Can I use VHCS to create real users/logins for ssh connecting?
Thanks

RE: does it admit to create ssh login? - Cube - 05-26-2008 11:24 PM

No support for VHCS!
With ispCP it should be possible with some modifications.

RE: does it admit to create ssh login? - dim0xff - 05-27-2008 12:44 AM

sad :(
I think that it is useful feature and I hope I can find it in next releases ;)

RE: does it admit to create ssh login? - pgentoo - 05-30-2008 07:23 AM

I think you'd just have to change the shell for that user in /etc/passwd. I'm sure you could do a slight patch to enable this. Currently i think it sets all users to have /bin/false as their shell, however this seems to be hardcoded in one of the engines functions. A patch to add a configuration parameter to /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf to specify the shell for users would be nice.

That way you could set this to /bin/bash , /bin/scponly or something and give your users ssh/scp access.

One problem though, it looks like the current users (at least the case for the ispcp website user) home directory is /var/www/fcgi/domain.com instead of /var/www/virtual/domain.com. I'm assuming that is for fastcgi to work properly?

I'm sure this sort of a change won't make it in before 1.0 considering the feature freeze, but it would be very nice. Smile

RE: does it admit to create ssh login? - Cube - 05-30-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:One problem though, it looks like the current users (at least the case for the ispcp website user) home directory is /var/www/fcgi/domain.com instead of /var/www/virtual/domain.com.
The home directory of the normal users is /var/www/virtual/domain.tld.