ispCP - Board - Support
Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld (/thread-3619.html)

Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - aseques - 06-27-2008 12:23 AM

I've created an article based on some stuff found on the site to help those wanting to use the webmail.domain.tld to access to their webmails.
It's not expected to enter into mainstream before 1.1, but meanwhile is working with no problems, so if you want to test just go to wiki

If you want the patches for apache and bind templates, you can find them at ticket #1364
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/1364

RE: Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - kilburn - 07-04-2008 08:59 AM

Great work aseques, just a quick note: I think it would be better to write the new VirtualHost entry to a new "01_webmail.conf" file instead of appending it to the "00_master.conf" one. It is clearer this way and should work exactly the same.

Thanks!

RE: Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - xister - 07-04-2008 04:31 PM

I think its a good idea and customer friendly Smile

RE: Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - aseques - 07-04-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:Posted by kilburn - Today 12:59 AM
Great work aseques, just a quick note: I think it would be better to write the new VirtualHost entry to a new "01_webmail.conf" file instead of appending it to the "00_master.conf" one. It is clearer this way and should work exactly the same.

The problem is that if you have at the same time webmail.* and *.example.com, apache will use the one placed on the first configuration file (00_master.conf). So putting the webmail.* in a different file had no effect and it was using the default 00_master.cofn anyway.
[/quote]
If you success, I'll be glad to change since it's a more elegant way

RE: Accessing webmail through webmail.domain.tld - kilburn - 07-05-2008 01:59 AM

00_master.conf should have no ServerAlias entry by default (so no *.example.com) and the 01_webmail.conf entry would be used....