ispCP - Board - Support
[SOLVED] fastcg time out error for client with big file - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] fastcg time out error for client with big file (/thread-3678.html)

[SOLVED] fastcg time out error for client with big file - robmorin - 07-04-2008 01:52 AM

Hello i am getting the below error for a client that is upgrading his phpbb v2 to v3, i upped some options in his php5.ini file with the below

set_time_limit = 0;
memory_limit = 512M;
upload_max_filesize = 128M;
post_max_size = 256M;
max_input_time = -1;
max_execution_time = -1;
expect.timeout = -1;
default_socket_timeout = -1

But i get the below error, and yes i did restart apache Smile

[Thu Jul 03 11:30:18 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.174] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server "/var/www/fcgi/domain.com/php5-fcgi-starter" aborted: (first read) idle timeout (30 sec), referer: http://domain.com/forums_new/install_x/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=phpbb20&language=en

Any ideas?

Thanks...

RE: fastcg time out error for client with big file - motokochan - 07-04-2008 04:32 AM

Do normal PHP pages (without any external needs) work okay? Are there any connectivity issues with the database?

RE: fastcg time out error for client with big file - kilburn - 07-04-2008 07:52 AM

The options you are setting are all php related but the error you get is fastcgi related. You can increase the fastcgi idle timeout value in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fastcgi_ispcp.conf, adding the "-idle-timeout xxx" parameter to the FastCgiConfig directive (where xxx is the new timeout in seconds).

[Solved} RE: fastcg time out error for client with big file - robmorin - 07-05-2008 10:25 AM

Worked like a charm , i upped time out to 60 secs...

Thanks!

Have a super weekend...

kilburn Wrote:The options you are setting are all php related but the error you get is fastcgi related. You can increase the fastcgi idle timeout value in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fastcgi_ispcp.conf, adding the "-idle-timeout xxx" parameter to the FastCgiConfig directive (where xxx is the new timeout in seconds).