ispCP - Board - Support
Manual lines in DNS zone file - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Manual lines in DNS zone file (/thread-3727.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - Foggy - 03-28-2009 07:01 PM

Hey Blondak, you are the man Wink
Quote:Have a nice weekend
You too, thanks Wink

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - aseques - 04-08-2009 02:29 AM

Hi I have been trying the patch and it's really what ispcp was missing. I've got a question tough.
Can a resseller edit one of his customers domain?

In my case I would like to lock the domain editing only to the reseller/admin, cause I don't trust that much what the users do.
For what I've been watching, currently I can enable/disable the user right to make changes but not do the changes a resseller.

Can that be done?

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - Blondak - 04-08-2009 07:39 PM

(04-08-2009 02:29 AM)aseques Wrote:  Hi I have been trying the patch and it's really what ispcp was missing. I've got a question tough.
Can a resseller edit one of his customers domain?

In my case I would like to lock the domain editing only to the reseller/admin, cause I don't trust that much what the users do.
For what I've been watching, currently I can enable/disable the user right to make changes but not do the changes a resseller.

Can that be done?

i think that it cant be easly done, but what i think that i can do somethink like approving records, that reseler or admin must approve any changes before commiting. What do you think about it?

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - aseques - 04-08-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:i think that it cant be easly done, but what i think that i can do somethink like approving records, that reseler or admin must approve any changes before commiting. What do you think about it?
Currently at my workplace we are in process of migrating from plesk to ispcp, so we are quite used to pleskish' style methods. The operations in plesk are:

.- The admin can always edit the domain properties including the dns records
.- The user can only edit the domain if the admin (or the reseller) allows him to do so, afterwards, he can without admin approval.

I personally like the idea that:
.- The admin can edit de DNS records always for everyone
.- The reseller, only if the admin permits to do it (or depending on reseller properties)
.- The customer can edit if is allowed to, AND with admin/reseller approval.

Of course, I'll be glad if you implement any of the options, count me as your betatester Tongue

Note: Any of the admins around? What would we need so this patch could enter to trunk?

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-03-2009 11:03 PM

Added in r1728. Please test.

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - tomdooley - 05-04-2009 12:56 AM

With current release from trunk I get error message:

Code:
Can't use string ("") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr line 796.

I saw, that there was already a ticket that has been closed immediately ;-)

It's a development system, and was installed three days ago from trunk. Distribution = Ubuntu 9.04 32 Bit

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-04-2009 01:00 AM

Same argument -> This is happening because you try to rebuild sites before you perform database update. Nightly update script is not perfect Wink. If you want to use this method (nightly update script) run script once -> login as admin, perform database updates, then either manually rebuild sites, either run that script again. If add a check not to perform this part of script if database was not updated.

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - tomdooley - 05-04-2009 01:03 AM

Ah ok. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-04-2009 01:36 AM

(05-04-2009 01:03 AM)tomdooley Wrote:  Ah ok. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Update engine to allow upgrade with Nightly Update script Wink

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - tomdooley - 05-04-2009 01:51 AM

At first: I'm not really well informed about BIND data files. I created a DNS MX record as customer. OK. After that the file /var/cache/bind/test.local.db has been created. The MX record has been inserted, but also the default entry for MX exists. Is this OK?

The changes in the GUI seem to work well for me. Good Work! :-)