ispCP - Board - Support
Manual lines in DNS zone file - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Manual lines in DNS zone file (/thread-3727.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-04-2009 01:54 AM

It`s not mine work so Blondak has all credits for this Wink. First MX is default setting for domain. Second MX record point to a secondary mail server for load balancing or fail backup.

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - tomdooley - 05-04-2009 02:07 AM

(05-04-2009 01:54 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  It`s not mine work so Blondak has all credits for this Wink. First MX is default setting for domain. Second MX record point to a secondary mail server for load balancing or fail backup.

Argh... OK, that will not suite my needs, but perhaps for others. A different mailserver for a domain does also need other things to do (removing domain from postfix domains, ...) Should I create a ticket for this (new) request? :-)

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - aseques - 05-04-2009 05:31 AM

Thanks for your work guys, can't hardly wait to have a new stable release and drop plesk from all my servers Smile

Oh, and I see that now, you are using $timestamp = time(); instead of previous function. So now ticket http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/1785 can be closed.

Good jog

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - Blondak - 05-04-2009 07:48 PM

(05-04-2009 02:07 AM)tomdooley Wrote:  
(05-04-2009 01:54 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  It`s not mine work so Blondak has all credits for this Wink. First MX is default setting for domain. Second MX record point to a secondary mail server for load balancing or fail backup.

Argh... OK, that will not suite my needs, but perhaps for others. A different mailserver for a domain does also need other things to do (removing domain from postfix domains, ...) Should I create a ticket for this (new) request? :-)

Now, then is my update in trunk we can do more thinks. Now we can remove MX records from db_master_e.tpl file and insert them to the database, so you can edit MX as you want, same for FTP, WWW, ....
What dou you think about this idea?

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sunsus - 05-04-2009 08:15 PM

Maybe the best thing would be to store all dns information in the DB.
If some one add a subdomain or a alias just store it to the DB with a pointer to the record (subdomain/alias), for the del porcess.
Then you are flexibel and can change, delet dns records as you like!

In ispcp-rqst-mngr build the DNS zone files form the DB.
As well it would be nice to include the option for fix dns server to be rfc conform!

In advanced a interface for the secondery dns could be usefull!

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - pongraczi - 05-08-2009 06:29 PM

Hi,

Finally I found this thread, very good!
At this moment I manually hacked the dns template to get the possibility to change mail dns settings and add my secondary dns entires to all domains.

So, I can see the progress and I am really happy about it Smile

Anyway, I do not know, why I lost all subdomains from apache when I recreate apache config........ Maybe I only missed something. I use the nightly, some days before....

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-09-2009 01:00 AM

Try rebuild are your config files. How did you update?

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - pgentoo - 05-09-2009 11:00 AM

pongraczi, I think i logged a bug that got fixed on this, but maybe not...

When you regenerate your configs, you need to set domains and subdomains to "CHANGE" or you'll lose all your subdomains. If you put them both as CHANGE, then everything will regen. I thought this was fixed...

-
pgentoo

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - pongraczi - 05-09-2009 09:44 PM

Hi,

I use the nightly upgrade script from the Howto section in middle of January but not the super lazy one Smile
Usually this sciprt completed the job correctly, without any problem. Anyway, if I add a new domain, I will lost every aldomains again Smile

I forgot to update the tpl files (under parts directory) before, but I checked it some days ago and I found some changes. I made a test environment (I use openvz virtualization as basis) from the live system and I will update everything to the latest version.

So, I have to do a nice upgrade to the latest nightly trunk version before confirm the bug or PEBCAK.
I will check that 'CHANGE' flag too.
Thanks guys!

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file - sci2tech - 05-09-2009 10:25 PM

Please try super lazy one (automated version), or use from automated version queries Wink. The other is not updated for some time, and this causes the problem.