ispCP - Board - Support
Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation (/thread-3928.html)

Pages: 1 2

Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-04-2008 06:35 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to install ispcp irc4 on an Ubuntu 64 Server 8.04 LTS everything goes fine until the end of the installation process at which point I get the following error:

ERROR: External command '/usr/bin/mysql --host=localhost --user=root --pass=PassWord < /tmp/db.sql 1>/tmp/db.sql.stdout 2>/tmp/db.sql.stderr' returned '1' status !

Mysql is running and my password is set and and it works. I am able to enter mysql from the shell as root using the password I set up and execute queries. The password I chose has no weird characters, it is alphanumeric.

Anyone has any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Thnx,

Bluetxxth

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - pgentoo - 08-07-2008 03:51 AM

Take a look at:

/tmp/db.sql.stdout and /tmp/db.sql.stderr

See if they give you any more info that could help in diagnosing the problem.

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - sci2tech - 08-07-2008 03:59 AM

bluetxxth Wrote:ispcp irc4
Why are you using rc4 and not rc6? One reason that for this error can be password containing | or ` characters.

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-14-2008 07:14 PM

pgentoo Wrote:Take a look at:

/tmp/db.sql.stdout and /tmp/db.sql.stderr

See if they give you any more info that could help in diagnosing the problem.

Hi pgentoo and sci2tech,

Sorry for the late reply I have just come back from a brief vacation... The output of those files is as follows.

a) db.sql.stdout

No output

b) db.sql.stderr:

ERROR 1006 (HY000) at line 1: Can't create database 'ispcp' (errno: 13)

On the other hand, sci2tech, I have upgraded to the RC6 version but I am getting the same error

ERROR: External command '/usr/bin/mysql --host="localhost" --user="root" --pass="PassWord" < /tmp/db.sql 1>/tmp/db.sql.stdout 2>/tmp/db.sql.stderr' returned '1' status !

Thank you guys for helping I appreciate it... I am kinda absorbed in trying to solve this problem ;-)

BR,

Bluetxxth

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - kilburn - 08-14-2008 08:53 PM

Check mysql's data folder permissions (ls -lah /var/lib/mysql)

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-14-2008 09:37 PM

kilburn Wrote:Check mysql's data folder permissions (ls -lah /var/lib/mysql)

Hi kilburn...Thank you for your answer...!!

It happens that all the files and the files folder are owned by mysql and not by root... although the folder itself is owned by root, however it seems that the files did not inherit the folderĀ“s permissions. Is there a way to change this?

BR,

Bluetxxth

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - kilburn - 08-14-2008 11:48 PM

The files must be owned by mysql, and the folder too (or you won't be able to create new databases, which happens to be your problem)! Smile

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-17-2008 06:50 PM

kilburn Wrote:The files must be owned by mysql, and the folder too (or you won't be able to create new databases, which happens to be your problem)! Smile

Hi killburn,

Thank you for the explanation. I have removed and reinstalled MySql and this seems to have solved that error. However, upon installation I am getting the results which I post below, the installation seems to run into some problems.

First of all when I type the URL where I have installed ispcp I get a 404 error (file not found!). I also noticed that courier is not installed from the messages I get:

sh: /etc/init.d/courier-authdaemon: not found
sh: /etc/init.d/courier-imap: not found
sh: /etc/init.d/courier-pop: not found

Lastly I noticed that the Postfix Mail Transport Agent could not be started. How to solve this issue? Can anyone help? Please read the installation log below! ...

Starting Installation...
* Stopping domain name service... bind

Site 01_awstats.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site 00_master.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site ispcp.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
* Starting domain name service... bind [ OK ]
Site 000-default disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to fully disable.
This module is already enabled!
This module does not exist!
Module rewrite installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
mod_actions needs configuration before being able to work.
See the comments in /etc/apache2/mods-available/actions.conf
for details.
Module actions installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.

Enabling proxy as a dependency
[ OK ]
Module suexec installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module fastcgi does not exist!
Module proxy installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module proxy installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module proxy_http installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module php4 does not exist!
Module php5 disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix

sh: /etc/init.d/courier-authdaemon: not found
sh: /etc/init.d/courier-imap: not found
sh: /etc/init.d/courier-pop: not found
* Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix Can't exec "/usr/sbin/makeuserdb": No such file or directory at

/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/../ispcp_common_methods.pl line 754.
ERROR: External command '/usr/sbin/makeuserdb' returned '72057594037927935' status !

root@lina:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup# OK

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - sci2tech - 08-17-2008 06:56 PM

It seems that you don`t have courier installed. Please read INSTALL file from your package to see how to install all the required packages.

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-22-2008 09:08 PM

sci2tech Wrote:It seems that you don`t have courier installed. Please read INSTALL file from your package to see how to install all the required packages.

HI sci2tech,

Thank you for your answer...!! Your were right I did not install courier correctly. However, I think that is not what is keeping me from getting to the control panel from the browser. I would ask this thread not be closed... I am studying the problem thoroughly and I am planning to post a detailed answer throughout the weekend probably tomorrow. I hope my answer will help other newbies installing ispcp omega.

Thank you and best regards,

Bluetxxth