ispCP - Board - Support
ISPCP Final today? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: ISPCP Final today? (/thread-4274.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: ISPCP Final today? - joximu - 10-17-2008 04:56 AM

just sort of normality here... :-)
we have a estimated release dates now since almost one and a half year... - I do *not* say nothing is going on, there were a lot of good and important improvements - but I think noone wants to make a release 1.0 of this package...
For me the RC6 is already a good release and possible for a 1.0 - as long as the 1.1 follows and is more or less compatible... :-)

We will always find some reason/bugs/important improvements for a further RC version...

So you're right: no one tried to catch it - but this is the point...
For me it's ok but others are taking such promises seriously.

So head up - it's going on and the ones who are interested can use the software already.

Cheers Joximu

RE: ISPCP Final today? - Karl - 10-17-2008 07:12 AM

(09-17-2008 01:40 AM)Zothos Wrote:  Its done when its done

I did not want to offend someone but I hate people sitting in his ivory tower and telling statements like that.

Especially IT people have this behaviour (I'm an IT'ler too).

RE: ISPCP Final today? - four2theizz0 - 10-17-2008 08:25 AM

first of all...you already commented on it
secondly...

Zothos looks to be quite the contributor to this project that you are using for FREE.

What have you contributed except "When can I get your free software?" ?

He can say what he wants. I have been here less time than you but I know to APPRECIATE what these guys are doing for us...for FREE may I remind you

RE: ISPCP Final today? - blocker - 10-17-2008 06:16 PM

hahaha, may be better we like "windows" seems rc6 is stable enough to be in production system altough there is some capability that not yet implemented but well, we can release a service pack after that heuheuehuehue Big Grin

btw, using the software, is same like contributed to the project Smile

RE: ISPCP Final today? - weblivehelp - 10-17-2008 09:56 PM

The problem is it works fine Smile

So, new features are "hard" to start developing because they can break some functionalities, need testing, etc.

I offered myself to RatS to work on this (I don't have much spare time, but I'm a great coder (just being humble, you know Wink ) and as I use "my own" ispCP RC4 modded version), I'd love to get the wishlist going on and solve the found bugs, but I found it hard to "browse a ticket and post a patch"... I don't know if someone's working on it or not, etc. so I asked RatS to have "some sort" of management, as I expect the dev team has.

He replied me, added him to msn, but nothing more ever since...

RE: ISPCP Final today? - FeG - 10-17-2008 11:07 PM

Hi,

(10-17-2008 06:16 PM)blocker Wrote:  btw, using the software, is same like contributed to the project Smile

I only agree with that if 'using the software' means 'reporting bugs' .. if not, there is a difference.

(10-17-2008 09:56 PM)weblivehelp Wrote:  So, new features are "hard" to start developing because they can break some functionalities, need testing, etc.

As far as I know (and as the development site tells...) the dev team has decided not to merge any new features in the trunk for 1.0. So at the moment, there is no 'hard' development on new functionalities which need testing.

Quote:I'd love to get the wishlist going on and solve the found bugs, ...

wishlist != found bugs ... the wishlist contains features for > 1.0

Quote:... but I found it hard to "browse a ticket and post a patch"... I don't know if someone's working on it or not, etc. so I asked RatS to have "some sort" of management, as I expect the dev team has.

It's not like there are hundreds of coders around, there are only a few, and thereof only 2 or so are very active at the moment. So "browse a ticket an post a patch" is exactly the way you could help now.

Of course there'll have to be more management after 1.0, but at the moment we're just working on the bugs, which remain on the road to this release.

So I can only encourage you: Browse the tickets, take one you like Wink and post a patch... I've done exactly this already in the last week for several tickets and four of my patches have been included in r1367 and r1368, another four are already tagged to be included in r1369.

Now then: If you're a great coder, be welcome and come on bugfixing Smile

Regards
FeG

RE: ISPCP Final today? - four2theizz0 - 10-17-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:
(10-17-2008 06:16 PM)blocker Wrote:  btw, using the software, is same like contributed to the project Smile

I only agree with that if 'using the software' means 'reporting bugs' .. if not, there is a difference.
EXACTLY Smile
Wasnt trying to say anyone is better than anyone else...just that if you're not contributing or helping....then you can't complain about someone who is
Quote:
(10-17-2008 09:56 PM)weblivehelp Wrote:  So, new features are "hard" to start developing because they can break some functionalities, need testing, etc.

As far as I know (and as the development site tells...) the dev team has decided not to merge any new features in the trunk for 1.0. So at the moment, there is no 'hard' development on new functionalities which need testing.

I did not know that actaully. Good to know what is going on in the background. I am starting to lok through the bugs.

[quote]
It's not like there are hundreds of coders around, there are only a few, and thereof only 2 or so are very active at the moment. So "browse a ticket an post a patch" is exactly the way you could help now.

Of course there'll have to be more management after 1.0, but at the moment we're just working on the bugs, which remain on the road to this release.

EXACTLY again Smile
That is all I meant....everyone is doing this on their free time, for free, so don't bitch when someone says we don't know when it will be done

RE: ISPCP Final today? - blocker - 10-18-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:I only agree with that if 'using the software' means 'reporting bugs' .. if not, there is a difference.

ah, ya ya thats correct from coder prespective, from marketing prespective, thats good for promotion even if the user not repoting back that they use it to us. ( may be google will tell us )

RE: ISPCP Final today? - FeG - 10-18-2008 06:05 PM

(10-18-2008 12:34 PM)blocker Wrote:  ah, ya ya thats correct from coder prespective, from marketing prespective, thats good for promotion even if the user not repoting back that they use it to us. ( may be google will tell us )

Of course it is good from marketing persepctive when people are using this software. But we're not talking about marketing here, we're talking about when the final ispCP release comes out - and that has to do with coding and bug-reporting, not with marketing.

So I agree that it is nice to have many people using ispCP, but that doesn't help anything on the release of ispCP 1.0 if they don't report bugs. If they do, they belong to the base of this project, of course...

Regards
FeG

RE: ISPCP Final today? - elitepilot - 10-20-2008 11:04 PM

I say it german:

Mir ist mittlerweile egal wann ISPCP Final rauskommt. Ich würde mir wünschen das ein Upgrade von ISPCP RC6 auf RC7 fehlerfrei verläuft.

Wäre schön wenn das Update bald rauskommt, den es hat einige Fehler behoben. Ich würde jedoch vorschlagen öfters Patches rauszubringen ( Beispiel RC 5a). So könnte es auch schon eine Version RC6b geben.