ispCP - Board - Support
mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid (/thread-4995.html)

mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - sci2tech - 11-23-2008 08:41 PM

Right now we support both fcgid module for apache with mod_fastcgi being default.
In Debian repository mod_fastcgi is in non-free and has 3 open bugs (from witch 1 is marked as important, 1 closed and 1 marked as wishlist).
mod_fcgid has 5 open bugs (from witch 3 are marked as important, 1 normal and 1 marked as wishlist).
Mod_fastcgi seems to be a little faster, but mod_fcgid more stable. Also mod_fcgid seems to consume less memory.
For CentOS I could not found a working package for mod_fastcgi (but I`m not familiar with CentOS repos).
My question is: Which should be default? Do you know other arguments?

RE: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - BeNe - 11-24-2008 04:17 AM

I switched for some weeks over to mod_fcgid and the problem with dead php-process is gone. And i have more free ram. So at the moment i vote for fcgid.

Greez BeNe

RE: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - RatS - 11-25-2008 03:23 AM

I'm fine with changing, if it's possible without big impact on system/ispcp update.

RE: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - grg - 12-05-2008 11:16 PM

X BeNe

I'm still having the problem of dead processes and in the docs i can read that fastcgi and fcgid have this problem. Any idea?

RE: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid - sci2tech - 12-06-2008 01:58 AM

I`m sure that you have php 5.2.0. Update to last php version and everything will work. And please do not take over to this (any) thread. Open a new one.