ispCP - Board - Support
Mail not being recevied by alot of users. ispcp-arpl error returned. - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Mail not being recevied by alot of users. ispcp-arpl error returned. (/thread-5183.html)

Mail not being recevied by alot of users. ispcp-arpl error returned. - kaotix - 12-17-2008 07:40 PM

I have just noticed alot of e-mail going to various addresses on my server are getting returned.

Quote:<abuse@ispcp-arpl.domain.com> (expanded from <abuse@domain.com>):
Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=ispcp-arpl.domain.com type=A: Host not found

Final-Recipient: rfc822; abuse@ispcp-arpl.domain.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;abuse@domain.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Host or domain name not found. Name service error
for name=ispcp-arpl.domain.com type=A: Host not found

I've searched the forums but only found one post about regenerating config files. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with this and I'm really stuck.
I just created a new e-mail address and that worked fine, both as a forward and a standard mailbox. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

RE: Mail not being recevied by alot of users. ispcp-arpl error returned. - Kika - 12-17-2008 08:46 PM

I had this error too after RC5 upgrade. Try to regenrate all email address (update status in the database and run the ispcp-rqst-mngr). After this you can see the aliases in the postfix.

RE: Mail not being recevied by alot of users. ispcp-arpl error returned. - kaotix - 12-17-2008 09:03 PM

I've regenerated all the e-mail addresses and it does actually seem to have worked. I'll have to wait and see if I get any come back to me now of course. Thanks for the help.