ispCP - Board - Support
Stabel release date? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Stabel release date? (/thread-519.html)

Pages: 1 2

Stabel release date? - mjk - 05-11-2007 11:12 AM

Hi,

I am wondering when there might be a stable release. I am running VHCS2 and need to replace it. I also need to implement some new servers, so I would like to start out on the right foot.

debian etch/ubuntu are the targeted platforms.

Thanks

RE: Stabel release date? - mjk - 05-11-2007 11:48 AM

Right. so if I had searched a little better, I would have found out that a stable release is pretty close. :-)

RE: Stabel release date? - joximu - 05-11-2007 04:48 PM

Hm, very close is relativ...
in RC3 which should be very clos there will be the installer and the update script - this has to be tested too - it's finished when its finished.
And yes: this is maybe a disadvantage of open source... so you have to arrange with this or take something else.
You can help speeding up the development by testing the daily snapshots and reporting bugs!

RE: Stabel release date? - BeNe - 05-11-2007 05:10 PM

And better - test to fix them if you can Smile

RE: Stabel release date? - BioALIEN - 05-12-2007 12:11 AM

In the famous words of phpbb3 (which has taken 5 years and its still not out) "its ready when its ready". Smile

RE: Stabel release date? - grungy - 05-12-2007 12:17 AM

mjk Wrote:I am wondering when there might be a stable release. I am running VHCS2 and need to replace it.

If you ask me ispCP is more stable then VHCS2 Smile

RE: Stabel release date? - Zothos - 05-12-2007 12:52 AM

even the first alpha of ispcp was more stable then vhcs Tongue

RE: Stabel release date? - mjk - 05-12-2007 05:56 AM

grungy Wrote:
mjk Wrote:I am wondering when there might be a stable release. I am running VHCS2 and need to replace it.

If you ask me ispCP is more stable then VHCS2 Smile

So you have replaced it in a production enviroment and are happy with it? I might deploy the server with ispCP, but wait for the vhcs2ispcp script to change my already in production server.

RE: Stabel release date? - Zothos - 05-13-2007 01:05 AM

i changed my testserver (a vm maschine) from vhcs to ispCP and im happy Tongue. My produktive will be changed when ispCP reaches the first stable version.

RE: Stabel release date? - bertus51 - 05-13-2007 05:39 AM

I changed my vhcs2 to RC1 and after that to RC2 and now to latest trunk (keep it update every day) on my production server.

Also, I am very happy with the trunk.

Just make shure you have some backups in case it goes wrong when updating!

For me there is no need to wait for a stable release ! The trunk is more up to date and stable than that old project named vhcs2.