ispCP - Board - Support
How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? (/thread-5404.html)

How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Kwik - 01-10-2009 10:11 PM

How can I point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain - without using Domain redirect?

example -
main domain = maindomain.com
sub domain = sub.maindomain.com

main domain = /var/www/virtual/maindomain.com/htdocs
sub domain = /var/www/virtual/maindomain.com/htdocs

how can I do that? When I put "/htdocs" into "Directory tree mount point" I get the error "Incorrect mount point syntax!"

Domain redirect would not do the job because the main domain does not point to the server yet.

RE: How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Claus - 01-10-2009 11:43 PM

(01-10-2009 10:11 PM)Kwik Wrote:  How can I point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain - without using Domain redirect?

example -
main domain = maindomain.com
sub domain = sub.maindomain.com

main domain = /var/www/virtual/maindomain.com/htdocs
sub domain = /var/www/virtual/maindomain.com/htdocs

how can I do that? When I put "/htdocs" into "Directory tree mount point" I get the error "Incorrect mount point syntax!"

Domain redirect would not do the job because the main domain does not point to the server yet.

Set "/" as mountpoint.

Regards, Claus

RE: How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Kwik - 01-11-2009 12:10 AM

@Claus - Does not work too.

"Incorrect mount point syntax!"

RC7 btw.

RE: How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Claus - 01-11-2009 12:20 AM

(01-11-2009 12:10 AM)Kwik Wrote:  @Claus - Does not work too.

"Incorrect mount point syntax!"

RC7 btw.

Sorry, I didnt know which version of ISPCP you use. In RC6 it worked, but this feature is not supported in RC7.
You can see this here.
http://www.isp-control.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5124

In the trunk it is integrated again.

Claus

RE: How to point a subdomain to /htdocs of main domain? - Kwik - 01-11-2009 12:28 AM

Ok. Thanks for this information.