ispCP - Board - Support
[OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Preinstallation Questions (/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: [OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD (/thread-5652.html)

[OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - brianhill1980 - 02-08-2009 06:16 AM

Hey,

Just looking for a little installation help.

I have Debian Etch installed using a NetInst disc.

When I run the command to install all the packages:

Code:
apt-get install $(cat ./docs/Debian/debian-packages-etch)

I get a message telling me I need to insert the Debian installation CD. I don't have access to this machine anymore as it's co-located in a data center. How do I tell it to download and install those packages instead of getting them from the CD?

Thanks

RE: Installing without CD - rbtux - 02-08-2009 06:20 AM

this is really off-topic here! Therefore I move this thread (and alter the title)

Solution:
in the /etc/apt/sources.list there are lines starting with deb cdrom: which you should comment out, then apt-get update, then try again...

RE: Installing without CD - CHBIE - 02-08-2009 06:23 AM

open in Console

Code:
vi /etc/apt/sources.list

and disable this with a #:

Code:
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r6 _Etch_ - Official i386 NETINST Binary-1 20081220-23:12]/ etch contrib main

Thats it!

RE: [OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - rbtux - 02-08-2009 06:25 AM

@chibe:

you forgot the apt-get update ;-))

RE: [OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - CHBIE - 02-08-2009 06:29 AM

When is working with this: http://www.isp-control.net/documentation/start/installation/debian

was my response correct.

;-))

RE: [OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - rbtux - 02-08-2009 06:31 AM

yeah right just kidding ;-)

RE: [OFFTOPIC] Installing debian packages without CD - brianhill1980 - 02-08-2009 07:37 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the super speedy response. This was awesome. Fixed my problem. I used to use VHCS a few years ago and really liked it, when I found out you guys were working on this I was super stoked to get an updated system similar to VHCS.

Thanks!