ispCP - Board - Support
Replicated apache logs - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Replicated apache logs (/thread-6188.html)

Replicated apache logs - kilburn - 03-25-2009 07:17 PM

I was checking the status of my servers when I've realized that the one currently running ispcp 1.0 had a strange, fat, apache logfile named other_vhosts_access.log.

After looking for it's origin, I've seen that it is defined in debian lenny's default /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Code:
# Define an access log for VirtualHosts that don't define their own logfile
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log vhost_combined

This wasn't a problem before introducing the new apache log processor because those days ispcp defined a CustomLog for each VirtualHost which effectively wipped out this directive (CustomLogs on VirtualHosts override CustomLogs on the base configuration).

After the new log processing engine tough, ispcp defines a new single log on the base configuration. Moreover, as CustomLogs on base configuration are additive, we end up having both the ispcp controlled logfiles and this "other_vhosts_access.log" file which replicates everything.

IMHO the debian's default CustomLog directive can (and should) be commented safely. Any comments or idea to let ispcp's installation take care of it?

RE: Replicated apache logs - BeNe - 03-25-2009 07:35 PM

I upgrade from etch to lenny and there is no entry as you said Rolleyes
But i´m not sure if answerd yes to overwrite...

Greez BeNe

RE: Replicated apache logs - kilburn - 03-25-2009 07:44 PM

I confirm that this line is included in the default "apache2.conf" of the current stable package (apache2.2-common_2.2.9-10+lenny2_i386.deb), so you must have told apt to not overwrite Wink