ispCP - Board - Support
Own ispCP repository - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Own ispCP repository (/thread-669.html)

Pages: 1 2

Own ispCP repository - MrLight - 05-25-2007 07:42 PM

Hi ispCP Team.

What Do You think about an own repository? It would be nice to have one, where we can put some special, only for ispCP bulded rpm's? (like PHP4 for Fedora, or even one ispCPOmega_1.0.0_Fedora_6_X86_64.rpm?)

That would make lot of installations easer...

Mr Light :-)

RE: Own ispCP repository - joximu - 05-25-2007 07:52 PM

A good idea - this should be made ready when the first stable is published - then some ready made packages for some distributions will be welcome for some people...

RE: Own ispCP repository - BeNe - 05-25-2007 07:55 PM

I am with you.
This would make it more easier for some Users.

RE: Own ispCP repository - ephigenie - 05-25-2007 08:12 PM

We can do that - we 're also planning to deploy .debs so a repository for debian is planned already - shouldn't be that hard to have it for the other distros as well.

RE: Own ispCP repository - Zothos - 05-25-2007 08:37 PM

that sounds greate Smile

RE: Own ispCP repository - raphael - 05-26-2007 05:07 AM

Is a good idea but:
Quote:like PHP4 for Fedora
I don't agree on that point, I'm sure there are many repositories around the internet that make available PHP4 for the latest Fedora version. Usually those repositories maintain the packages by keeping up to date.

RE: Own ispCP repository - MrLight - 05-26-2007 09:58 AM

raphael Wrote:Is a good idea but:
Quote:like PHP4 for Fedora
I don't agree on that point, I'm sure there are many repositories around the internet that make available PHP4 for the latest Fedora version. Usually those repositories maintain the packages by keeping up to date.

Nice. First look, read, then write. Show me one Repository with PHP4 for Fedora6 ...

RE: Own ispCP repository - raphael - 05-26-2007 10:07 AM

That was just one reason. The thing is that I don't see the point on hosting not ispCP-related stuff. In any case there should be a php4tophp5-fedora6 download or something similar.

RE: Own ispCP repository - MrLight - 05-26-2007 11:01 AM

I think that php4 Development is stoped (not shure) and is You make an ISP-RPM for Fedora, You need also rpm for php4, which will be automaticly downloaded. And what is the Problem, it is not 1.000 other distributions. it is only PHP4, which is missed. And by the way, it is not only Fedora (Server) wich have no more (nowhere) PHP4...

I have made an nice script, see my signature, which is making PHP4 with view steps. I can change it so far, that is even making one rpm. Where is the Problem to start a little script? And to fit this script 4 onother distributions, which also don't have PHP4 is a little ... :-)

By the other way, I think PHP4 to have, is for a hoster importand, because there a still lot of Websites, which are only PHP4 compatible...

RE: Own ispCP repository - joximu - 05-26-2007 07:03 PM

Hi
Here are some php4 for fedora http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-php4.html
ok, not the newest... :-(

but I agree to raphael, it's not the job of ispcp to provide packages that are missing in the distribution. I'd rather change the fedora installation to run only php5 so it is compatible with the original distribution. We also can provide a link where php4 packages are - in case the admin of a isp running fedora as server doesn't know that.
On the other hand: if you want to provide new php4 packages for fedora (as an addon to php5) and want to take care of it (provide security updates and so on) then I'm sure there will be a place to put that on. Here or somewhere else (with a link somewhere here...).

My 2 cents...