ispCP - Board - Support
ispcp /etc/init.d/ispcp_network patch to ease monitoring different ports - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: ispcp /etc/init.d/ispcp_network patch to ease monitoring different ports (/thread-6764.html)

ispcp /etc/init.d/ispcp_network patch to ease monitoring different ports - suw - 05-19-2009 07:33 PM

Hello.
I have set mrtg lately to monitor my servers. Due traffic log I had to monitor all the services running to see which one is often used. Since ispcp does monitor my traffic, at 30 minutes I came with the ideea to use ispcp's rc.d network script.
Taking a look at it, I have improoved the script to ease the port addition. All I have to do now is to edit a single variable in network_script and done. I know ispcp does not save this data YET - but maybe in the future we will do that too, but that imply changing the way traffic log is showed now.

Now I am extra monitoring 81, 8080 and ssh, mrtg script get the data and I am happy.

In the atachment archive is the patch and the modified ispcp_network script - for those who does not know how to use patch.

Hope I'll see this patch in the next release. Wink