ispCP - Board - Support
Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Tickets / Roadmap / Timeline (/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed (/thread-6817.html)

Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed - datashaman - 05-27-2009 04:50 PM

Hi,

As the title says, subdomain entries are not regenerated when changes are made to the custom DNS records. I have to manually update the subdomain records' status to change and then run /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr every time otherwise my subdomains disappear. Critical error! Check if this occurs with any changes to domain, it's possible.

Regards,
Marlin Forbes
Also, triggering a regenerate in this way, does not increment the serial of the zone, so the initial incorrect zone update is kept on secondary servers. I have to manually go in and change the serial myself for all subsequent changes for that day. Sigh...

RE: Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed - tuxStyle - 05-29-2009 01:25 AM

Do you use a nightly build and Manual lines in DNS zone file ?
If yes, that happened to me too.
Be careful if you use MX records. It has some problems.

RE: Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed - Blondak - 07-08-2009 08:41 PM

I found a problem and hope that fix in this post will solve this problem. Please next time post problems with Custom DNS patch to post General discussion / Manual lines in DNS zone file.
Thanks

RE: Subdomain not regenerated when Custom DNS entries changed - itanium - 07-09-2009 08:28 PM

New problem

The timespamp is not incremented:

Code:
; dmn [xxx.com] timestamp entry BEGIN.
; dmn [xxx.com] timestamp entry END.

Many Thanks for DNS support! a great addon Wink

Ps: oups wrong post sorry