ispCP - Board - Support
[SOLVED] Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin (/thread-6889.html)

[SOLVED] Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - Arawn - 06-05-2009 05:32 AM

Hallo,

Problem #1
I'm stuck now on a few things and hope some people here can help me out. I'll use lastest version (Downloaded today (trunk)). I create a reseller, goes fine, I create a use, goes fine. I'll upload and install wordpress and it goes wrong, everything works, but I only see text, no lay-out. I was like WTF :| so I tried to access the wordpress images dir but no success, I tried to reach a image that was in the root dir of the user and it worked, but if I try to access a file that is in a subdir, its wrong.

Problem #2
I can't reach admin.mydomain.nl, I use mydomain.nl/admin now, but I want to fix it, can someone tell me how the subdomain is controlled and maybe someone knows why it isn't working.

Best Regards,
Arawn

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - Arawn - 06-05-2009 08:00 AM

Problem #1 is fixed, it was a matter of setting the permissions to 0755.

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - nuke3d - 06-05-2009 06:41 PM

What kind of error do you get for #2?

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - Arawn - 06-06-2009 12:30 AM

No error, just canĀ“t reach the admin.mydomain.nl. syslog is clear, apache logs don't contain errors. Is it controlled by the dns, or via apache's virtual hosts?

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - nuke3d - 06-06-2009 03:11 AM

That's why I ask for the error... When you say no error it's probably the browser that tells you "Could not locate remote server" or something like that, so in this case it's not apache but a DNS issue. Is admin.mydomain.nl the domain name you entered during the ispCp setup?

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - MasterTH - 06-06-2009 04:32 AM

take look in /etc/apache/sites-enabled/00master.conf

there should be an entry with the subdomain admin.domain.tld

if this entry isn't there, add this entry restart your apache-service and the admin.domain.tld should work

RE: Can't reach subdirs +subdomain admin - Arawn - 06-06-2009 05:00 AM

Thank you for your answer! The subdomain entry was there, so I didn't know what was wrong then. Then I was thinking about trying to ad the cname admin (In the dns.), and it worked.

Again thanks for the responses.

Best Regards,
Arawn