ispCP - Board - Support
Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi (/thread-6974.html)

Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - thinktodo - 06-16-2009 01:30 PM

there is a error,when I execute
[root@localhost downloads]# rpmbuild -ta courier-authlib-0.62.1.tar.bz2

bunzip2: I/O or other error, bailing out. Possible reason follows.
bunzip2: Broken pipe
Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
error: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi: No such file or directory: No such file or directory

I have build dir,such as attachment.
my linux is centos5.3

RE: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - qisback - 06-16-2009 05:56 PM

From first glances it looks like a permission issue, however I see that your root.

It's possible that it's a directory issue, let me just check the documentation step by step.

Alternativly install the RPM's which are located just below the compile from source instructions in the wiki documentation.

-={Q}=-

RE: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - qisback - 06-17-2009 06:04 AM

From what I can see, there is a spec file issue.

I'd just use the RPM's provided for now untill the issue is resolved.

-={Q}=-

RE: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - lancehudson - 08-14-2009 06:42 AM

(06-17-2009 06:04 AM)qisback Wrote:  From what I can see, there is a spec file issue.

-={Q}=-

I removed the .rpmmacros file and ran this and it worked.

Code:
echo "%_topdir    $HOME/rpm" >> $HOME/.rpmmacros

RE: Failed to rename ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi to ~/rpm/SPECS/rpm-spec.wFGxMi - thinktodo - 08-14-2009 01:34 PM

(08-14-2009 06:42 AM)lancehudson Wrote:  
(06-17-2009 06:04 AM)qisback Wrote:  From what I can see, there is a spec file issue.

-={Q}=-

I removed the .rpmmacros file and ran this and it worked.

Code:
echo "%_topdir    $HOME/rpm" >> $HOME/.rpmmacros

thanks,I will try