ispCP - Board - Support
1.0.0 to daily svn? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Update/Upgrade (/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: 1.0.0 to daily svn? (/thread-7231.html)

1.0.0 to daily svn? - lschafroth - 07-14-2009 11:44 PM

Are there any guides to upgrading from the stable 1.0.0 to the daily builds?

The status in the roadmap has been stuck on 14-15 tickets forever and those tickets dont appear to affect me. I am using Debian Lenny.

Are their any guides to the other upgrade paths that will work with my setup?

Lannie

RE: 1.0.0 to daily svn? - lschafroth - 07-15-2009 09:40 AM

(07-14-2009 11:44 PM)lschafroth Wrote:  Are there any guides to upgrading from the stable 1.0.0 to the daily builds?

The status in the roadmap has been stuck on 14-15 tickets forever and those tickets dont appear to affect me. I am using Debian Lenny.

Are their any guides to the other upgrade paths that will work with my setup?

Lannie

Anyone?

Lannie

RE: 1.0.0 to daily svn? - lschafroth - 07-16-2009 01:47 AM

Nobody has upgraded from 1.0.0 to the daily?

Lannie

RE: 1.0.0 to daily svn? - theprincy - 07-16-2009 04:54 AM

I too have the need to do this upgrade is carried out as an upgrade from the RC version or are there other steps to be carried out?

RE: 1.0.0 to daily svn? - kilburn - 07-16-2009 06:55 AM

Nightly builds are NOT stable, so they are NOT recommended for production and there's no automatic, documented way to upgrade to them. The easiest method would be using the nightly update script from the wiki, but you'll probably have some missing variables in ispcp.conf that you'll need to add manually afterwards. Moreover, some days the trunk build is broken in different ways, so you may end up with a misfunctioning system...

The conclusion is: don't do it unless you're going to help developing ispcp.

Quote:I too have the need to do this upgrade is carried out as an upgrade from the RC version or are there other steps to be carried out?

Just use the updater included in ispcp stable, and you'll end up with a fully working 1.0 stable server Smile