ispCP - Board - Support
Cronjobs - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Cronjobs (/thread-7588.html)

Cronjobs - fred - 08-23-2009 07:26 AM

Hi,

When will the cronjobs be in? I hacked them in currently using the 'stubs' that are already there and they are working, but would like it better to have the supported version.

Thanks

RE: Cronjobs - kilburn - 08-23-2009 08:24 AM

Cronjob handling is on the wishlist, but nobody is working on it yet, so we can't give you a prediction. If you want to work on it, I'll help answering any questions, providing any help you may need, reviewing the code and commiting it Smile

RE: Cronjobs - fred - 08-23-2009 09:19 AM

Well I have it done and it's working, but I bet you would describe it as messy Smile It's my first time working on this panel. I worked on other panels though (I implemented cronjobs 3 times now for 3 different panels...) and they are more or less the same expect the 'engine' perl stuff which I, quite frankly, more or less hacked for cron support. Most of it, as you know, was already in there, but the hooking up wasn't, so I made one big loop which calls those functions (in ispcp-dmn-mngr) ; I don't think that's the idea in hindsight, but we had to get it up and running so I chose this path.

RE: Cronjobs - kilburn - 08-23-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:so I made one big loop which calls those functions (in ispcp-dmn-mngr)
I don't get it, sorry, what do you mean by "one big loop"? Maybe you can upload a patch so I can take a look at it...

RE: Cronjobs - data-stream_ru - 12-09-2009 02:16 PM

CronJobs for ispCP

RE: Cronjobs - ephigenie - 12-10-2009 01:25 AM

be aware that without a proper security framework for cgi-bin scripts a cronjob module is propably dangerous. (Users are still suexec'd but not chrooted)

RE: Cronjobs - data-stream_ru - 12-10-2009 03:41 AM

(12-10-2009 01:25 AM)ephigenie Wrote:  be aware that without a proper security framework for cgi-bin scripts a cronjob module is propably dangerous. (Users are still suexec'd but not chrooted)

In my solution, perl/cgi can be disabled and CJ can be used only for php Smile

RE: Cronjobs - ephigenie - 12-11-2009 10:49 PM

hm ok - but it relies on hcron which needs to be compiled by the ppl themselves.
And then there's no distribution keeping packages up to date ...

Hm - but ok maybe if we build some kind of cron wrapper for php-only scripts (the wrapper then uses the php.ini of that domain with all limitations (no exec, passthru and so on ) )
We could do it ...

RE: Cronjobs - Jillian - 12-12-2009 05:06 AM

I have give ssh access to system for some users, so they can add crontabs without any new web packages. Only thing I installed was lshell ( http://lshell.ghantoos.org/ ) and few config changes

RE: Cronjobs - bpratt - 02-11-2010 08:28 PM

So what happens when a cron job fails, and tries to send emails to the cron job user?

Currrently when you manually add a cronjob for the ispcp user, i.e. vu2010 , crontab sends an email to that same user on the system. Of course if that email is full of debug details, the user never gets to see it.

That's something that needs to be looked at, so that emails destined for example user vu2010 will get forwarded to say the postmaster@of-that-domain.com or configurable when the user sets up the cronjob.