ispCP - Board - Support
DEB packaging - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Tickets / Roadmap / Timeline (/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: DEB packaging (/thread-8096.html)

DEB packaging - krzd - 10-12-2009 12:21 AM

Hello,
when can I expect the packaged DEBs for Debian/Ubuntu? Is it a question of weeks or maybe years?

Thanks in advance

RE: DEB packaging - gOOvER - 10-12-2009 05:19 AM

It's done, when it's done Wink

RE: DEB packaging - RatS - 10-12-2009 06:50 AM

I don't expect an DEB for ispCP Omega 1.0.3.

RE: DEB packaging - krzd - 10-16-2009 12:34 AM

Will it be easy to change from the self-compiled version to the deb or will it be a long procedure?

RE: DEB packaging - Jillian - 10-19-2009 06:29 AM

Not long, not hard, not short, not easy. ;p

As you can see, Debian's package policy is very strick: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
But when you have done few packages, you can sleep and make them at same time. Smile

RE: DEB packaging - Nuxwin - 10-19-2009 09:17 PM

Hello everybody,

The ispCP debianization is not easy for the following reasons :

The Debian's package policy imposes several restrictions which are currently not at all followed by our project, including compliance with FHS.

- IspCP operates changes / replaces configuration files belonging to the existing Debian packages. Again, the Debian's package policy specifies several restrictions it is difficult to follow.

- The debianization of ispCP requires very good knowledge on the subject (very good knowledge of maintenance tools ..). The packages should be built is a multiple binary. It's more complicated to set up and it takes more time.

I intend to create Debian packages, but not before the installation scripts have been rewritten, which is planned for version 1.2. Wink

Best Regards

RE: DEB packaging - caus909 - 10-21-2009 10:37 PM

Why do you want a DEB?

RE: DEB packaging - krzd - 10-21-2009 11:38 PM

Because it is much easier to update, just do an aptitude dist-upgrade. And also removing or moving to another server is much easier.