ispCP - Board - Support
Language selection doesnt work - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Language selection doesnt work (/thread-846.html)

Language selection doesnt work - gnatbite - 06-22-2007 09:43 PM

Hi guys, I am using IspCP RC2c on Debian Etch.
Today I tried to install a new language (german), so I downloaded the corresponding file from the webppage.

Btw. You should fix the download-links for the different languages, beauce its not working properly if you just click on one of the links.  

The languages are linked like the following example:
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp_svn/trunk/language-files/german/german

But in this case every browser I tried is jut downloading a part, not the whole file. (same with wget)

So the links should look like the following one.
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser/trunk/language-files/german/german?format=raw

However, my problem is that the language selection is not working. If I change the language to german or another language, it doesnt affect anything.

I think thats a bug. Where can i change the language by hand?

Cheers,

gnatbite

RE: Language selection doesnt work - raphael - 06-23-2007 12:07 AM

mysql: ispcp->admin

RE: Language selection doesnt work - joximu - 06-23-2007 01:29 AM

There are two point's where you can select a language:

In /admin/settings.php (select default)
and in /admin/multilanguage.php (set default)

you tried them both?

/J

RE: Language selection doesnt work - gnatbite - 06-23-2007 05:12 AM

Quote:There are two point's where you can select a language:

Thx, it was changed at both points. After i changed it back to english and than back to german it worked fine.

RE: Language selection doesnt work - MicCo - 06-23-2007 06:31 AM

But still a bug ?

As it's impossible to select the preffered language from the CP.

RE: Language selection doesnt work - gnatbite - 06-23-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:But still a bug ?

I wouldnt call it a bug but its a bit confusing to have 2 different places to setup the language.

It works fine if i change the language at "Multilanguage" but it doesnt affect the setup at "Other settings". So I would recommend to remove the language-selection at "Other settings" or is there another reason for having two of them?

Cheers,

gnatbite

RE: Language selection doesnt work - MicCo - 06-23-2007 08:08 AM

As the system are build in this 3 sections:
1. Admin for server
2. Reseller
3. Users (customers)

- it have to be so that each part can select their optional language, so Admin install the languages he want to support on his server at "Multilanguage" and at "Settings" the admin select the language that he preffer for the work at the server, pretty smart I think, as not all speaks french or german, but a few of us speak other languages.

The reseller can then, from the different languages installed by Admin, choose the language that the reseller preffer to use at his CP, and it will be default to his users (customers).

Hope this made it simple to understand, and I though that the BUG you was reffering to was as We have discovered, that we can't change the language from english to an other in the "Settings" at the Admin-CP, sorry for the misunderstanding.

RE: Language selection doesnt work - joximu - 06-23-2007 09:03 AM

So, the point is:
the *default* language is not always the preferred langauge by the admin - but the preferred language of a reseller is always the default language for his customers.
Right?

Ok, we need some sort of online help/documentation...

RE: Language selection doesnt work - raphael - 06-23-2007 10:32 AM

everybody can change their preferred language, but the admin is able to choose the default one

RE: Language selection doesnt work - gnatbite - 06-23-2007 05:30 PM

Ok, got it. That makes perfect sense.