ispCP - Board - Support
E-Mail Only Package - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: E-Mail Only Package (/thread-8632.html)

E-Mail Only Package - kaotix - 12-02-2009 02:40 AM

I was wondering how I would go about setting up an account to allow only e-mails and have a mailbox limit. I want to provide an e-mail only service for a few of my colleagues as they already have websites but for some unknown reason they don't have their own e-mail addresses.

Basically they will just point their MX records to my server and everything will be handled by me.

Is this possible?

RE: E-Mail Only Package - kilburn - 12-02-2009 05:57 AM

Just add them as normal users, with 0 ftp accounts. This way they won't be able to upload anything to the server, while still being able to create e-mail addresses and use the webmail and pop3/imap/smtp Smile

RE: E-Mail Only Package - kaotix - 12-02-2009 06:04 AM

That's a good idea I guess.
I'll give it a try. I can always manually remove the apache place holder should anyone try and access their site on my server.

Thanks

RE: E-Mail Only Package - dazlat - 02-07-2010 01:08 PM

(12-02-2009 05:57 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Just add them as normal users, with 0 ftp accounts. This way they won't be able to upload anything to the server, while still being able to create e-mail addresses and use the webmail and pop3/imap/smtp Smile

Hi,
On a similar thread, is there a way for a new user to request creation of an email-only style account via ispCP for a shared email domain (same domain used by multiple, unrelated users)?

Many thanks,

Darren