ispCP - Board - Support
php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login (/thread-8965.html)

php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - kingofkya - 12-27-2009 05:08 PM

Ok for another piece of software i need a lower version of php5.2 before i had the remi php5.3 and now I have there archive package running. Now what could have changed that would prevent ispcp from allowing logins. Also other php programs can access the mysql db so i dont think its php-mysql.

centos 5
ispcp 1.0.3

Note i also installed the old versions of:
php-bcmath
php-dba
php-gd
php-ldap
php-mbstring
php-mcrypt
php-mysql
php-odbc
php-pdo
php-snmp
php-xml

Thanks

RE: php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - motokochan - 12-27-2009 06:55 PM

Possibly, it's related to PHP's crypt() function. Without knowing how it was built, it is possible that the build you are using only supports older DES hashing.

The RPMs for PHP 5.3 in Remi's repository support more hashing functions. (They support MD5 for sure, which is used in preference to DES - see the note in the above link about built-in support for PHP 5.3.) ispCP Omega will use the strongest method possible for the PHP version that is running.

The only real solution short of moving back to 5.3 is to reset all passwords, which will generate compatible hashes for the build of PHP you are using.

RE: php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - kingofkya - 12-28-2009 04:16 AM

ok thanks now how would i go reset the passwords correctly.

I don't see a mention of it on the forum search.

Also theres only like 4 password at this point so its no big deal.

RE: php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - motokochan - 12-28-2009 04:25 AM

For the ispCP login passwords, use the "forgot" link (it's under the image of the lock) to get a reset code. Once you log in, you can change any others.

RE: php version 5.3 to 5.2 cant login - kingofkya - 12-29-2009 02:33 PM

Thanks in the end I went back the debian just more used to it. Took 2 days on CentOS. Debian i had it up the first try in about 2 hours.